Author Topic: Contemplation  (Read 1013 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Contemplation
« on: April 01, 2016, 04:42:49 »
This was taken about 15 years ago at Northwood, a now-gone game preserve north and east of Toronto.
 After visiting it with a photo group, I went back a number of times with my mother, wife and our two children, all animal lovers.
 On this particular visit, our daughter's first, she became transfixed by the Tiger, and squatted close to the fence just watching the beautiful creature, for about a half hour.
 As she told me later, she was wondering if she could stick her hand through the fence and just touch his paw. Apparently the preserves owner saw her and walked up behind her, and sensing what she was thinking, quietly whispered, "Not a good idea. If you stick your hand in, he'll tear it off and eat it for lunch."
 When I showed this picture to Joanna the other day, she sighed and said that she is probably destined to die at the hands of some large member of the cat family when she just can't help herself and tries to play with it.
 motorized Nikon F2AS
 Nikkor 180 2.8 ED AIS manual focus
 Ektachrome 100 ISO colour slide
 exposure probably 2.8 @ 1/500th
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 05:21:32 »
Nice interaction between your daughter and the tiger, you have great family photos!
-Tristin

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 10:35:36 »
The tiger is probably thinking she looks yummy!
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 12:08:17 »
The  tiger nearly tricked her into making herself lunch.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 12:41:23 »
The Tiger didn't need to trick Joanna.
She was almost a willing snack.
As a small child she ran under a simple fence into the zoo enclosure that housed the Rhinos, and I had to sprint into the field to get her back.
She has played with lion cubs, tiger cubs, a full grown cougar, wolves and monkeys.
And as an adult in Australia, when told not to feed the Dingos if they came onto the beach, when they appeared, she was the first person to exclaim, "Dingos. Let's feed them!"
I often wonder why our Daughter isn't living somewhere in Africa on a game reserve surrounded by the native fauna.
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 21:07:09 »
she loves the wild things....

... very beautiful daughter ...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/