Gear Talk > Processing & Publication

A Quick Look at Ming Thein’s New Post-Processing Suite

<< < (2/10) > >>

MFloyd:
I've been through Ming Thein's portfolio: excellent. A good addition for me, as he wasn't known to me 😊

BW:
I wouldnt go as far as Almass, but I agree in his underlying analysis. A Colorchecker passport and some work in PS or LR will get most people to where Ming Thein is. They might also learn a thing or two about workflow. The only risk is in my opinion, that they find their own expression and not being a MT-clone.

John Geerts:
Agree with Børge's remark.

Michael Erlewine:
Wow, I am amazed at the "attitude," which of course I respect the right to have, if not the opinion. I never thought to become a clone of Ming Thein. Putting his workflow aside, I find it difficult to believe that anyone who looks at his work does not see the brilliance in it. It just shows how different we all are. And, since he blogs a lot, and I read some of them, I find his words carefully thought out. When he looks at equipment, lenses, cameras, he is mostly spot in IMO, and I look at a LOT of equipment myself, especially lenses. Thein is very discriminating, to say the least in his reviews. I could understand the remarks if it was someone you criticize like the legendary Ken Rockwell, who sadly has never learned to color correct, etc., but Ming Thein is so skilled, at least in all the lenses that I also know.

armando_m:
Thanks for the link, his blog is an interesting read

Michael, I think your images have superb processing, the colors you obtain are always beyond what I feel I can achieve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version