Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Ice in spring time

(1/3) > >>

knb:
Both pictures taken the week after this year's Easter.

The first one from river Gaula in mid-Norway, Nikon Df, Nikkor-H 300mm f/4.5.
The second from lake Femund (Synnervika), Nikon Df, Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8. I seem to like these minimalistic landscapes where the image almost breaks up into nothingness.

elsa hoffmann:
The first image is really great ! very surreal

Frank Fremerey:
I have seen the first photo somewhere  before. This is museum quality material in my book.

Touching yet Cool. Graphical yet picturing nature well. A wow moment.

thank you

knb:
Elsa: Thanks a lot.

Frank: I can't remember having shown this picture in public before, so it is a mystery where you can have seen it. There may of course be similar pictures around somewhere, maybe even by myself. Anyway, thanks for the very kind words.

I may as well add another from the same river (and the same place, just the opposite bank), this time in Easter four years ago. D700 and Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS.

Bjørn Rørslett:
Flowing water is an endless fascination, any time of the year. We up in the North are favoured by having the water itself change state from liquid to solid, unlees it prefers to come down disguised as mist or rain.

How do you find the 105/1.8 Nikkor on your Df? As so many of my manual-focusing Nikkors, I haven't had the opportunity to run them on the Df cameras to the extent I wish for. Thus, the 105/1.8 AIS has made progress from the cupboards to the lens table, but not been able to take the final leap onto any Df - yet. Last trime I used it was for IR on a D200. Like nearly all my lenses it is CPU-enabled and eager to take on any assignment given it. If only there were more time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version