Author Topic: Insomnia  (Read 7868 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Insomnia
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 20:02:01 »
Frank, at least you got something out the hours you were awake. I remember the jabiru night shot. Its from Brazil. Someone showed me the nest, but I didnt care to take a shot during daylight, because I previsualized the scene with the nightsky as a backdrop. I returned the following night and got this shot. The guides now take clients routinely to this spot in the darkness, so they can photograph the same scene. I never understood why photographers strive to get the same shots? So mindnumbingly boring...

You are so right.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 21:03:34 »
I remember a medicine I used to take as kid. It was some kind of allrgy medicine that was suppose to relieve itching because of eczema. It knocked me out like I was unconsious. I belive it was the same medicine you refer to. But tonight I think I'll just stick to roaming the fields, since the weather seem to have improved :)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 02:40:49 »
Børge, sorry about your problem of insomnia.  But, judging from your images posted here in NG so far, I don't think it has any negative influence on your photography, even though it may slow you down.  I love this last image (daylight synch?): its atmosphere, lighting, purple flower...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 05:00:40 »
Børge, I was about to say "sorry" about your insomnia but then I saw what you do with your extra time...  ::)

The calmness, solitude and probably concentration -less noise and movement around- looks like helps a lot wity your creativity. Unusual light intensity and sources as well. Please, if you feel good, keep on going!

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 07:03:02 »
Last night I dreamt myself awake 3 times. Now I feel like death warmed up. I believe the world's bio- rhythms /equilibrium or whatever you believe it has - is upside down and this simply means it affects us humans too. A changing faze is challenging. (and the world is in a changing faze)
The human brain/mind is complex - and sometimes the only time it gets to rest/heal/relax is when you sleep, and you (the human) isn't forcing your mind to be busy. It takes over and does what minds and brains does best. The body doesnt like that part. Does anyone even understand what I am saying  ;D
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 09:07:23 »
Im sorry, but I never intended to imply that my temporary insomnia, is a real problem. Compared to the problems that afflict many people these days, me not sleeping very well during a few summer weeks, is nothing worth mentioning. And much less something I want others to feel sorry about. I try to occupy my restless mind with photography in world where many cannot afford to rest, just like Elsa suggest. Im not even sure I want a cure for it  :)

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 09:37:39 »
Great shot of the 'plant',  Børge

Sleep, or non-sleep, is part of life, and creativity. ;)  Tomorrow full moon, always creating a kind of unrest.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 09:45:37 »
Børge, I am certain you make these images in your sleep :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 10:09:20 »
Børge, I am certain you make these images in your sleep :)
I do, lots of them. But getting them from dream state and on to the sensor, always possess som minor problems ;) I guess in the near future it might be possible to depict your dreams, but I feel confident that Nikon won't be the innovator ;D

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 10:42:36 »
I do full shoots in my sleep - then I am woken up to face the horror of the results haha
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 11:19:24 »
It might be Insomnia to you, it is sure a cornucopia of wonderful photos for the rest of the world.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:57 »
I do full shoots in my sleep - then I am woken up to face the horror of the results haha
Thaths the minor problem I was talking about ;D
Frank, my keepers/crap ratio are still are still negative :)

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 22:17:52 »
...., judging from your images posted here in NG so far, I don't think it has any negative influence on your photography...

As Akira and others have already mentioned, I wonder if you've actually found the gold in your dilemma.
Both your images and the discussion you've stimulated are ample evidence of this.

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 22:27:24 »
. I believe the world's bio- rhythms /equilibrium or whatever you believe it has - is upside down and this simply means it affects us humans too. A changing faze is challenging. (and the world is in a changing faze)

Dunno about that. However many people are trying to meet the demands of what they think the Western world "requires" of them. Not all of that is helpful and insomnia is just one of many signs when natural limits are exceeded.

Does anyone even understand what I am saying  ;D

Better stop now as I'm way off topic!

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 22:41:03 »
This topic is designed for off topic Colin ;D