Author Topic: Fuji X-T2 announced  (Read 20263 times)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Fuji X-T2 announced
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2016, 17:43:18 »
I select an appropriate ISO value before I commence a sequence of shots. Spinal reflex from the old days perhaps, but it works.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2016, 22:33:49 »
I select an appropriate ISO value before I commence a sequence of shots. Spinal reflex from the old days perhaps, but it works.

Thanks, Bjørn.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2016, 12:00:04 »
Yesterday I was able to handle an X-T2 at Camera World, a shop off Oxford Street which I have used several times in the past.

I did not have long, but my immediate impressions were very favourable.  It feels like an improved X-T1, with many things familiar but better.  The joystick to move the focus point is indeed a joy, and pressing it in to the camera body centres the point.  The EC dial is a little stiffer, which makes it harder to nudge accidentally.  The ISO and shutter speed dials have a lock/unlock button, so you can lock a setting or have the dial moveable, as you wish.  These dials are a little taller than on the X-T1, and easier to adjust without moving the drive and metering mode dials below.  Focus seems much faster, and the camera more responsive, but I was not able to carry out a proper test.

The booster grip makes the camera noticeably heavier, but that does include two extra batteries.  The grip fits well and is comfortable to hold.

The D pad buttons are slightly raised and easy to operate.

I pre-ordered camera and grip from Camera World, as they offered a very good deal on my old D300 and grip.

All in all, from my brief experience, I would say that Fuji has listened to its customers.

Anthony Macaulay

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2016, 13:47:18 »
TCSTV post a review of the field test using pre-production units:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUPxVYAnz_E
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira