Author Topic: Lofoten peaks at sunset  (Read 3266 times)

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Lofoten peaks at sunset
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 17:58:53 »
Two further versions.
Both are a mix of 1 and 2 (original set) in terms of colour; the second has a more panoramic crop as suggested by some.
Simone Tomasi

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 18:09:59 »
Lovely!

[We need another meet-up in Lofoten!]

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 20:53:26 »
Lovely!

[We need another meet-up in Lofoten!]

Thank you!
What do you think of the various versions?
[I wholeheartedly agree]
Simone Tomasi

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 21:27:07 »
Both looks nice.  How large are you going to print?  I wouldn't say the foreground is meaningless (in general, I like and appreciate your photographic taste), but I would think that you would need to print REALLY HUGE for the foreground to be effective.  Otherwise I would go for the pano framing.  I admit that the original framing feels more dynamic, though.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 23:52:15 »
Both looks nice.  How large are you going to print?  I wouldn't say the foreground is meaningless (in general, I like and appreciate your photographic taste), but I would think that you would need to print REALLY HUGE for the foreground to be effective.  Otherwise I would go for the pano framing.  I admit that the original framing feels more dynamic, though.

I am probably going to print 12"x18" because I have a spare frame for that size but if the file is good enough I could print up to 16"x24" (original crop)
Simone Tomasi

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 00:29:28 »
Although I have a fondness for pano compositions, the sky seems somehow "bigger" in the non-pano version. Maybe because more of the mountain is shown? So I like best the first photo just above (post at 11:58:53). Bringing out some light on the mountain sides worked well. Now we can see just how rugged and steep they are.

But pick the one you feel to print. It will be a nice print.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 00:38:24 »
Although I have a fondness for pano compositions, the sky seems somehow "bigger" in the non-pano version. Maybe because more of the mountain is shown? So I like best the first photo just above (post at 11:58:53). Bringing out some light on the mountain sides worked well. Now we can see just how rugged and steep they are.

But pick the one you feel to print. It will be a nice print.

Oh, I didn't notice the sky was also cut for the pano version.  I suggested to cut the bottom (the foreground) only.  I would like the sky remaining as original.  I think my use of the word "pano" caused some confusion.  Sorry.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira