Images > Life, the Universe & Everything Else

Experiments in color

<< < (2/22) > >>

rosko:
Interesting pictures.

I am just wondering whether the difference of colours are due to the lights or actual different colours ?

Cheers, Francis.

BW:
It might be something of both. It depends on the light source and the chosen shutter speed. If the ss are shorter than the frequency of the light source one might get just one wave length instead of white light. Only the photographer can answer that question. Nice effect Akira.

Akira:
Francis and Børge, thank you for stopping by and commenting.

The "difference" of  the color is definitely due to the different light sources: incandescent, fluorescent (both seen on the house) and mercury llamps (cast from the right-hand side of the image).  But the color temperature and the hue were heavily tweaked, and the saturation and the vibrancy sliders were set to 100% in CC2015 to enhance the adverse color and the difference of the light sources to make the image more abstract.

rosko:
Thanks, Børge and Akira for your explanations.

Actually, this is what I thought, but wasn't sure as the difference is quite amazing.

I also think that the incidence of rays and angle of reflection influences colours rendition (hue) too, according the watcher' position ?

Akira:

--- Quote from: rosko on June 22, 2016, 22:32:08 ---I also think that the incidence of rays and angle of reflection influences colours rendition (hue) too, according the watcher' position ?

--- End quote ---

That may not be the case.  All the light "rays" were diffused well enough and none are polarized, if I'm not mistaken.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version