Author Topic: The Simple Wren  (Read 3019 times)

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
Re: The Simple Wren
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 02:34:53 »
+1 from me also.

Mongo, hope your family is OK now.
Hugh Gunn

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 03:12:01 »
+1 from me also.

very big thanks Huge - much appreciated.

elsid

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 10:26:51 »
Dear Mongo, I will use these pictures as reference and try to shoot some like these. I am not sure I will, eventually, be successful. Thanks for sharing.
Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach its top

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 05:20:42 »
Hope your family is feeling better now Mongo. My best wishes.

Bird photography is not my cup of tea. But your photos are such HUGE inspiration, they want me to try shooting birds. Your photos are just damn good!
I particularly like 6th one DSC_5766. How nicely it has come out even with busy background which is also beautifully complimented by blue sky.
Anirban Halder

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 09:50:28 »
Dear Mongo, I will use these pictures as reference and try to shoot some like these. I am not sure I will, eventually, be successful. Thanks for sharing.

thank you Elsid but Mongo can tell you there are better bird photographers to use as reference. Mongo would encourage you to try a little at a time when circumstances favour. Mongo urges you, however, not do it at first in unfavourable circumstances as it may take you to the point of being discourage.  The idea is to try it when it has a good chance of giveing a reasonably good result. This will encourage you.  Mongo wishes you Good luck.

Hope your family is feeling better now Mongo. My best wishes.

Bird photography is not my cup of tea. But your photos are such HUGE inspiration, they want me to try shooting birds. Your photos are just damn good!
I particularly like 6th one DSC_5766. How nicely it has come out even with busy background which is also beautifully complimented by blue sky.

First, sincere thanks for your kind wishes. Secondly, thank you for the large compliment for which Mongo is very grateful. Lastly, Mongo urges you in the same terms as he has Elsid above.
It may seem strange but Mongo virtually took little to no bird/wildlife photos before about 5 -6 years ago. Before that, he actually took real photos as one interested in photography would do. You should therefore be careful not to be seduced too much by birds as they can take over your whole photographic mind. That is not a good thing. Have a go at it if you have a longish lens or easy access to birds and see if you like it. However, do not give up all other photography because of it.

regards from
Mongo

PS - forgot to mention. The bird does not have to be an eagle or something else fancy or exotic to be interesting or a good bird image. Even the simple wren or sparrow etc. in the right circumstances, can make a worthwhile image.

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 13:05:29 »
Points duly noted, Mongo
Anirban Halder

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2016, 15:10:34 »
Very nice pictures, something to try to accomplish.