Author Topic: Stacked Teleconverter sample images.  (Read 1415 times)

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Stacked Teleconverter sample images.
« on: July 16, 2016, 14:02:47 »
Hello
       Every now and again I like to use a rarely used bit of kit, so a method of doing this usually ends up with me stacking TC,s onto my       
       D800E + 300mm f2.8 ED IF ais.
       I have recorded the file with the telegraph pole as "handheld @ 1920mm ",
       so I am going to say it was 300mm + TC 16A + TC 301 + TC 201.
       I have recorded the Peacock Butterfly as 1250, but believe it is 960mm,
       so I believe it to be 300mm + TC 16A + TC 301.
       The TC 17ii has also been used in other combinations.
       This is not a method that allows, easy to obtain consistent usable results, but if good light is available AF can be achieved with the
       TC 16A in the stack. Static subjects are a must as using lower shutter speeds keep the need for very high ISO at bay.
        I would be happy to take a image and offer a RAW file if there is a interest by others on the forum to process a Superlong   
        Telephoto capture.

John Gallagher

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Stacked Teleconverter sample images.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 15:14:47 »
Extremely great technical achieving, especially hand-held! Believe me, I value what you did coz I know  well what I am talking about! Congs and best wishes! LZ

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Re: Stacked Teleconverter sample images.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 16:09:40 »
Hi Longzoom
                   The Peacock Butterfly is a tripod mounted capture. The telegraph pole was a capture from a handheld effort, I walked about   
                   20 metres from my homes rear door with the camera, this was the only subject I could see that was still, it is about 40 metres
                   from where I stood.
                   I also got a capture of a patch of Daffodils that were blowing about in the wind, it has terrible dust artifacts and a strange
                   striped colour cast in the grass back ground. I chose not to use this  image.
                   The black void around the Telegraph pole is the light inside a open sided barn about 20 metes behind the pole. 
John Gallagher