Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Comparing the Nikon D810, Sony A7rII, and the Pentax K1

<< < (6/6)

Michael Erlewine:

--- Quote from: BruceSD on July 15, 2016, 23:44:41 ---The Otus lens does not come in the Pentax K mount.

Unless Michael had it "Leitaxed", I suspect that the Nikon to Pentax K adapter that he used "had glass in it".  If so, the adapter's glass would have degraded the Pentax K1 images.

--- End quote ---

I only do close-up, so I knocked out the glass because it is cheap and only ruins the image. The Oti lenses do not come in Pentax, although the Zeiss Distagon 28mm ZF lens (not Otus) comes in Pentax. I am selling one on Ebay now.

Bjørn Rørslett:

--- Quote from: bjornthun on June 16, 2016, 17:02:59 ---Metabones makes a Canon EOS to Sony E adapter that retains AF as well as all the usual exposure modes, PASM, and that adapter is by now mature. There is also an adapter for Nikon F mount to Sony E that gives AF as well as PASM exposure modes, but that adapter is by no means a mature product. Of course Sony also makes adapters for their own DSLR lenses to use AF as well as exposure automation. In essence there are many more lenses than Sony E mount lenses that can be used and retain full automation on Sony's A7 series cameras.

--- End quote ---

I'm aware of the existence of adapters, but that does only reduce the problem, not solving it. Adding an adapter means more lens/camera interfaces and less stability, and the potential for introducing more issues. A native lens format eschews these issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version