Author Topic: Trailing  (Read 1748 times)

charlie

• NG Member
Trailing
« on: May 01, 2016, 18:52:24 »
A triptych I shot in the middle of a recent portrait shoot.

Thoughts?
Execution?
Presentation?

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Trailing
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 21:13:30 »
Very nice triptych. I cannot see it so much as a photo though. I feel it is a very moody conbstruction that might well be based on some photographic raw material
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 21:46:58 »
Very impressionistic Charlie! Love the structure and colors of the shot(s) with the duality of the yellow and green and the path that divide them. On the other hand i would have liked to see some face or skin colors to make the subject feel like a real person. All in all a great shot and creatively executed :)

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 00:15:01 »
Charlie, I adore it!
Sharpness is overrated  8)
I suppose that this was one photo and that you divided it like this. Really nice idea and processing.
If you were to hang it on the wall, observers would think that it's true art, which it is in my view :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

charlie

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 01:00:26 »
Thank you for your input, gentlemen.

Frank, I would venture to say that this is a photograph just as much as any other multiple exposure photographs are photographs. If it does not come across that way, I am okay with that  :)
Børge, I agree and tried to pull some facial details out when editing but there just wasn't enough there. Next time, and perhaps a tighter framing as well.
Jakov, This is in fact 3 separate photos. I made several exposures to the center frame then panned left and right for the side frames.