Author Topic: Thanks to Nikon service  (Read 2239 times)

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Thanks to Nikon service
« on: April 28, 2016, 20:27:53 »
Just wanted to say what a great job Nikon service in New York did for me. Too often it's the negative comments which can dominate a thread about service. Anyway, I damaged the shutter on my 810 and had to have a new one installed. Two week turnaround and they did some extras such as adjusting the AF and updated the firmware. When the camera arrived I had to check the serial number to be sure it was mine because the unit looked so nice.
I admit to a certain amount of trepidation in sending my camera to be repaired, but those fears turned out to not be justified. So today I'm a happy camper.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: Thanks to Nikon service
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 20:29:04 »
John, that's really nice to hear.
Enjoy your like new camera :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 20:36:24 »
Most repair facilities I have encountered are staffed by persons willing to go the extra mile if not more to help their clients.

I'm in the fortunate position of having been able to build personal relationships to the local repair techs for decades, which really is valuable at times.

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 20:43:27 »
I am happy for you.
I had a similar experience with KEH repair service a few years ago. Some people take customer service seriously!

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 21:16:21 »
Strangely enough these mythical "techs" turn out to be humans of flesh and blood ... Here is my main contact at the national Nikon repair centre in Oslo, Vegard Kvamme.  He has a deep appreciation of good histories and enjoys dark chocolate and  fly fishing. I pop in and chat with him and the other guys on a regular basis.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 10:15:43 »
I have my "Herr Hansen" at NPS Cologne. He is a true "Dr. Lens" as well and a wonderful character. Always happy to meet him and appreciate his work very much.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 14:52:41 »
Good to also hear some positive stories about the Nikon repair facilities, usually only the bad experiences are widely communicated on the forums giving a false perspective of their usually good service level.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 14:55:07 »
I have had Nikon gear repaired in Norway, Sweden, Czech Republic, and South Africa, all services done swiftly and expertly. Being an NPS member helps of course, but that is only part of the story.