Author Topic: Nikon 85mm PC-E  (Read 4780 times)

PeterN

• NG Member
Re: Nikon 85mm PC-E
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 15:41:55 »
Well the lens has arrived, so I will try to learn from your wise lessons and recommendations!
Peter

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 14:25:02 »
I got the lens. And as said it takes time to learn and experiment!  I am trying to think of the planes and avoid holding the camera too much (indeed a tempting thing to do). And focusing is a challenge, even with live view.

The lens is sharp but I noticed quite some CA. Perhaps because I shot wide open (which occurred accidentally because I forgot to select the wanted aperture after focusing ;-) ). But it's much more than e.g. the 60mm and 105 macro lenses.

I am going to write down my findings and questions so I will probably be back with some questions!
Peter

Bjørn J

• NG Member
  • North of the Arctic Circle
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 14:52:29 »

The lens is sharp but I noticed quite some CA. Perhaps because I shot wide open (which occurred accidentally because I forgot to select the wanted aperture after focusing ;-) ). But it's much more than e.g. the 60mm and 105 macro lenses.

You know that the lens has automatic (electronic) aperture? Turn the aperture ring to L (beyond f/32), and you can adjust the aperture on the camera like any other automatic lens.
Bjørn Jørgensen

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 09:29:56 »
You know that the lens has automatic (electronic) aperture? Turn the aperture ring to L (beyond f/32), and you can adjust the aperture on the camera like any other automatic lens.

aha. I had missed that. Thank you!
Peter

Bjørn J

• NG Member
  • North of the Arctic Circle
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 17:07:26 »
Here is one of the first photos I took with the 85mm PC-E, showing the root system of carrots.
Bjørn Jørgensen