Author Topic: Useful Lenses for Close-Up Photography: El Nikkor 105mm APO f/5.6.  (Read 38700 times)

John Koerner

Re: Useful Lenses for Close-Up Photography: El Nikkor 105mm APO f/5.6.
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 23:10:26 »
John, shouldn't you be on a playground making fun of some kids or something?

You don't think it's humorous to write a tutorial on, and display the thousands of $$ in tools requisite for a multi-image stack, and yet miss something so blatant?
If it were me, and someone pointed this out on an article/photo I put up, I would have laughed, and had a chuckle at the irony too ... which was my only intent: to get a chuckle.

Relax, it's okay to be humorous, if the critique calls for it, which in this case it most definitely did :)

That is part of what we photographers should expect, when posting images, is feedback (praise, critique, or both) when we post our images, be the critique on composition, CA, bad background ... or an errant crisper ;D

I myself have taken multi-image stacks ... only to notice  dust or something foreign on the subject.
In fact, for this very reason, "dusting" (removing all dirt, dust, hairs, etc.) is a common pre-stack practice.

So, unless this is Michael's new signature ("find the hair"), lol, my pointing out a software artifact, and an introduced one, is a perfectly harmless and playful comment on this thread topic.

On the serious side: it's also why editors and critiques are so important: it's easy for us to "miss" our own mistakes, because we're so immersed in what we're doing, whereas it's easy for others to spot them ... because they are not.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2017, 16:03:12 »
You don't think it's humorous to write a tutorial on, and display the thousands of $$ in tools requisite for a multi-image stack, and yet miss something so blatant?
If it were me, and someone pointed this out on an article/photo I put up, I would have laughed, and had a chuckle at the irony too ... which was my only intent: to get a chuckle.

Relax, it's okay to be humorous, if the critique calls for it, which in this case it most definitely did :)

That is part of what we photographers should expect, when posting images, is feedback (praise, critique, or both) when we post our images, be the critique on composition, CA, bad background ... or an errant crisper ;D

I myself have taken multi-image stacks ... only to notice  dust or something foreign on the subject.
In fact, for this very reason, "dusting" (removing all dirt, dust, hairs, etc.) is a common pre-stack practice.

So, unless this is Michael's new signature ("find the hair"), lol, my pointing out a software artifact, and an introduced one, is a perfectly harmless and playful comment on this thread topic.

On the serious side: it's also why editors and critiques are so important: it's easy for us to "miss" our own mistakes, because we're so immersed in what we're doing, whereas it's easy for others to spot them ... because they are not.

The revenge of the poor and narrow minded?? IThis here was about a specific lens and a system shown, not a (that) image.
Sorry to say, but this was deliberately hurtful and done with intention John... Awaiting applause? Not from me for sure.
formerly known as kds315

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2017, 16:38:19 »
Let's not split any further hair(s), but admire the gorgeous results wrought from this lens, shall we.

John Koerner

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 17:12:31 »
Let's not split any further hair(s), but admire the gorgeous results wrought from this lens, shall we.

Lol, that was cute, glad someone appreciated the humor.

There is no question the results of the lens are sublime.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 17:55:52 »
Yep, wonderful lens it is indeed!
formerly known as kds315

charlie

• NG Member
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2017, 22:47:30 »

On this note I recall a number of occasions where your "critiques" of other members opinions have turned to disrespectful arguments. With that reoccurring association your "humor" starts to look more and more like bullying.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2017, 23:00:09 »
No need to follow up that angle any further. It is the task of the moderators.