Reviews > Reviews by the NG Community

The 400 f2.8E FL VR - my thoughts after 3 months of ownership

<< < (2/5) > >>

bobfriedman:

--- Quote from: Lance B on June 21, 2015, 16:27:04 ---My philosophy now is to just get closer in order to get the best IQ and that involves studying and knowing bird behaviour and also getting out as much as I can to up the chances of snagging the best shot.

--- End quote ---

my choice as well... unfortunately i don't always get that opportunity unless i am under a sheet of camo!

if i lived in a place like Florida where the wildlife was more approachable the 400/2.8 would be a real nice lens to have.. my guess is that it is sharper than the 500/4 and the 500 is pretty darn sharp.. sharper in my mind than the 600/4.

Gary:
I'm not a birder. But I appreciate your write up and the images.

antonoat:
That was a very interesting read Lance and I have to concur it is a phenomenal
lens.
Your images show just what's possible, well taken, all of them.

I haven't got the best from this lens yet, been very busy with other things but I have some events coming up where
I'll be putting mine through it's paces.

Here's a photo of my baby, I've since bought her a complete lenscoat set to replace the temporary cover shown on the
ridiculously expensive lens hood  ;)
Although it's mounted here on my tripod I'm more than happy to shoot it hand held, even with my d4s attached!

Lance B:

--- Quote from: Gary on June 21, 2015, 17:10:47 ---I'm not a birder. But I appreciate your write up and the images.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much, Gary.  :)

Lance B:

--- Quote from: antonoat on June 22, 2015, 00:36:22 ---That was a very interesting read Lance and I have to concur it is a phenomenal
lens.
Your images show just what's possible, well taken, all of them.

I haven't got the best from this lens yet, been very busy with other things but I have some events coming up where
I'll be putting mine through it's paces.

Here's a photo of my baby, I've since bought her a complete lenscoat set to replace the temporary cover shown on the
ridiculously expensive lens hood  ;)
Although it's mounted here on my tripod I'm more than happy to shoot it hand held, even with my d4s attached!

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your kind comments, Tony. And thank you for your support and guidance throughout my evaluation of this lens, all very much appreciated. There is one fault with this lens, the ridiculous lens cover, it's quite uselss! I now have a Lenscoats cover as well.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version