Author Topic: Nikon D5 - first impressions  (Read 147037 times)

Michael Anderson

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon D5 - first impressions
« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2016, 12:10:13 »
I pre-ordered a D5 and later cancelled the order after taking too much notice of all the initial reviews.

I have now bought the D5 after getting over my initial concerns and can say from 2 months usage that it is a fabulous camera.

The AF is a massive "step change" over the D4s and the 9 point dynamic area mode AF mode is excellent for my uses. The extra 25% increase in sensor size is most welcome and the initial concerns over low ISO DR have not been a problem for me so far, a week in Scotland in 3 weeks time will be a full testing experience for the 5.

I have used all my 4 zoom lenses over a range of 16-400mm on the camera and have not had any problems.

In summary a delightful improvement, a larger sensor D5X? would be most welcome if Nikon read our threads!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2016, 14:52:22 »
Until now all the D5 owners I know are very happy with the camera. Wonderful!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2016, 23:03:18 »
i am very happy with the camera... the only disappointment is the auto af tune which no other camera has had.. so i am sure they will fix it sooner or later
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman