The NikonGear Office > Site Issues

Theme Issues: Permanent Reporting Thread

<< < (9/9)

Andrea B.:
Now that I finally figured out how to display it, I can clean up the details!

pluton:

--- Quote from: Danulon on September 06, 2015, 13:37:17 ---Not social media. An app which lets you scheme through fora that you are members of on your mobile phones/ tabs etc  , speedy and not resource hungry.

Please have a looksy

I would appreciate this very much, too!
advantages:
+ tapatalk takes care of reformating contents on mobile devices, so no workarounds for various devices necessary
+ afaik supporting tapatalk just takes inclusion of a few code lines in the forum code
+ NG-R would be listed in tapatalk fora search.
- it's free for both users and site owners, the "price" being ad-injections in tapatalk. But whether this is an annoyance or acceptable is up to everyone's individual opinion.

Link to tapatalk site: https://tapatalk.com/start-here.php

Cheers,
Günther

--- End quote ---
There is an unrelated motor vehicle forum that I frequent on which several members apparently use Tapatalk to post their forum replies.
At the bottom of every single message they post, the last line is "Sent via Tapatalk"
It is extremely annoying to me...it is useless visual clutter and, worse than that, it is advertising.
I'm sure that Tapatalk is the greatest miracle of the computer age, but please don't allow Tapatalk, unless the Tapatalk advert at the bottom of every post can be turned off.

Bjørn Rørslett:
As Tapatalk apparently is financed by those ads, they might be impossible to filter out? Have you tried if Adblock or similar browser plugins can keep such annoyances away?

The NG Team is firmly opposed to allow advertising directly or indirectly on this site. It will not happen. Same as buttons for [a]social media. Or recurring pleas for donations. We are not into NG for the money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version