Author Topic: Chasing Serial Numbers for MF-17 & MF-24 Data Backs  (Read 3322 times)

RonVol

• NG Member
  • Fierce Koala Bear of the Great Southern Land
Chasing Serial Numbers for MF-17 & MF-24 Data Backs
« on: July 02, 2016, 00:04:25 »
I've been trying to compile a serial number data base for these rare backs...........MF-17 for the F3 & MF-24 for the F4.
If anyone happens to have either one of these in their collection and are willing to share the info, please PM me.

Some news coming out of Japan recently is that the MF-24 was manufactured on a special-order-only bases.
I guess the same thing is probably true of the MF-17.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Chasing Serial Numbers for MF-17 & MF-24 Data Backs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 00:19:02 »
No serial numbers, just an observation that the central part of MF-17 looks exactly like the data back of the F2 DATA model. Down to the small card to write notes on and the clock to be inserted in a dedicated slot on the side. The notes and the clock would eventually be imprinted on each frame of the film.

RonVol

• NG Member
  • Fierce Koala Bear of the Great Southern Land
Re: Chasing Serial Numbers for MF-17 & MF-24 Data Backs
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 00:39:40 »
No serial numbers, just an observation that the central part of MF-17 looks exactly like the data back of the F2 DATA model. Down to the small card to write notes on and the clock to be inserted in a dedicated slot on the side. The notes and the clock would eventually be imprinted on each frame of the film.

They are pretty much the same.
Here are some comparative shots a friend sent me showing the MF-11 (the F2 DATA device) and the MF-17 side-by-side.