Author Topic: Updated technical service advisory for the Nikon D750 released  (Read 3318 times)

PedroS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Don't miss this one

December 2014 to June 2015

Nikon rumors source

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Re: Updated technical service advisory for the Nikon D750 released
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:45 »
saw this one. good thing that Nikon is owning up unlike what happened to the D600  :o :o :o

not very happy with Nikon aftersales repair lately, going to fix the issue myself

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 12:02:12 »
Don't miss this one

December 2014 to June 2015

Nikon rumors source

Nikon officially announced the issue today.  I just bought my D750 yesterday, so mine is safe.  To me, it is not a good idea to buy a just-released electronic/digital products.  The manufacturers tend to better the process or sometimes even the products' design after their releases.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:27:02 »
The link to Nikon's Australian web site is here:  http://www.nikon.com.au/en_AU/service/service_advisory/d750-shutter-issue

A similar advisory note was issued last year.  The basis for this current advisory note is to expand the manufacturing window of time where this issue is now known to occur. 

Hugh Gunn

fafield

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Frank Field Photography; Edge Light Images: Light, Land & Ocean of Northern California
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 01:58:40 »
Any insights to just what the problem is? From the vague wording of the service bulletin, I would take it that this is a different issue from the AF-sensor induced banded flare issue reported some time back.
Frank Field
The Sea Ranch, California

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 04:01:34 »
This is the link to the earlier service advisory:  http://www.nikon.com.au/en_AU/service/service_advisory/d750-service-advisory

My reading is that this latest advisory is saying that the problem spanned a greater period of time than it was first thought.

However I read the latest advisory as also saying that it is the same problem.  That said, the descriptions do seem a little different in their wording.
Hugh Gunn

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 16:50:42 »
My D750 is apparently affected, it wasn't when the first service advisory was released. I called the local Nikon repair shop and they knew about it, but said that none of their customers had so far really had the issue, but it should of course be corrected. They told me the camera needed to be sent to Nikon for repair and I should expect to be without my camera for about 14 days. According to them it is a pretty time consuming affair to fix.
Jørgen Ramskov

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 17:04:14 »
Thank heavens Nikon is being open about any issues these days.

My used 750 was not in the serial number set affected by the 2nd advisory.

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 17:24:48 »
My d750 was in the first affected lot. But I checked how the AF module was seated and decided there was nothing wrong with it. I have never experienced any kind of shadow from the AF module in the top of the frame even though I have tried to provoke it. I dont want to fix something thats not broken.