Author Topic: Scotland event - THE FINAL RECKONING  (Read 9028 times)

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: Scotland event - THE FINAL RECKONING - go to the end of the thread
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 23:46:14 »
I will cash out as the others will.
But, that doesn't mean that we don't want to photograph the gentlemen in kilts chasing with sticks. :D
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Well, folks, I made the final transfer to The Lodges earlier today, so barring an earthquake or similar AoG we will have  the use of three quite comfortable and spacious lodges for a week.

We can discuss this next topic a little later, but I was thinking of buying in a few breakfast essentials for each lodge, so that on the first Sunday morning the cupboard will not be totally bare. "Essentials" I would define as coffee, tea, milk, sugar, eggs, bread, butter or other spread, jam or marmalade or honey, a breakfast cereal (muesli?), and of course a bottle of Laphraoig for Jakov.

Let me know what you think but please don't hit me with a string of dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, meat-free, fat-free, decaffeinated, sugar-free requests - we''ll need to aim for some common ground here.   ::)  ;D

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
"we''ll need to aim for some common ground here "

It'll be the Laphraoig then.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
"we''ll need to aim for some common ground here "

It'll be the Laphraoig then.
Cause thats how we roll  8) 8)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
I will bring my own allergene free stuff. Noone has to bother...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Dave, müsli of a kind with minimum or no sugar added, yogurt, bread, cheese, jam, and I'm set. Bananas can be bought en route.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Thanks for taking so good care of us Dave! Appreciated ;)
Erik Lund

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
Coffee or tea would be very nice. And thank you.

Laphraoig is some smooth tastin' stuff indeed. You all be high rollers when you roll!!!

simsurace

• NG Member
We can discuss this next topic a little later, but I was thinking of buying in a few breakfast essentials for each lodge, so that on the first Sunday morning the cupboard will not be totally bare. "Essentials" I would define as coffee, tea, milk, sugar, eggs, bread, butter or other spread, jam or marmalade or honey, a breakfast cereal (muesli?), and of course a bottle of Laphraoig for Jakov.

Let me know what you think but please don't hit me with a string of dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, meat-free, fat-free, decaffeinated, sugar-free requests - we''ll need to aim for some common ground here.   ::)  ;D

Unfortunately I'm affected by Celiac disease. I can bring my supplies if needed. But it would be nice to know whether the local food stores carry some gluten-free items (bread, pasta, rice cakes etc.) or whether I need to bring food for a week. Dave, do you have any information regarding this?
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

David Paterson

• NG Member
Unfortunately I'm affected by Celiac disease. I can bring my supplies if needed. But it would be nice to know whether the local food stores carry some gluten-free items (bread, pasta, rice cakes etc.) or whether I need to bring food for a week. Dave, do you have any information regarding this?

My wife has some wheat / gluten intolerance and will know more than I do about what is available locally. Ill come back to you on this.

David Paterson

• NG Member
Re: Scotland event - THE FINAL RECKONING
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 18:47:47 »
Everything is finally in place and The Lodges have agreed that we have paid the full amount - it took them a while, but they did eventually learn how to look at their own bank statements. They are very nice, but I don't think those girls in the office are in line for the Nobel Prize for Mathematics.

I am going out there on Wednesday next to check everything over, including wifi, so if anyone has any particular thing they want to know about, now is the  time to tell me.

Danulon

• NG Supporter
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2016, 22:45:48 »
Thank you for your efforts, David!!!

Cheers,
Günther
Guenther Something

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 00:08:22 »
Thanks, Dave, another stage sorted out.
Anthony Macaulay

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 03:28:00 »
I am going out there on Wednesday next to check everything over, including wifi, so if anyone has any particular thing they want to know about, now is the  time to tell me.

Some telling pictures of the kitchen facilities.

I guess you are in the line for a Nobel Proze in Patience!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/