Author Topic: Hello from Seapy, in Cumbria  (Read 3441 times)

jknights

• NG Member
  • Still learning after all these years!
Re: Hello from Seapy, in Cumbria
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 15:50:13 »
:lol:
Even though I have know you for so many years I always forgot to ask where Seapy came from.  Now I know.
:-)

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 16:38:45 »
Great introduction ! Nice to meet you CP
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 19:32:11 »
Hi, Seapy, I enjoyed your detailed introduction.  The cars you created and restored look great!  Looking forward to seeing more of your images.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 20:53:55 »
 ;D Still learning after all these years Jonathan!  ;)

Hi Armando and Akria, enjoy reading your posts, seeing your photo's.  I love creating and solving issues with restorations.  Creating the English Wheel was a huge step, I have a friend who has a special racing car which he is restoring, we plan to make some new panels for it on my wheel, it was I believe a prototype for a hugely successful but controversial three wheel racing car, the Greenwood Special, which won the world championship in the early 70's. The following year they changed the rules which outlawed it.

This is the 'Greenwood Special' #60, in the hands of a novice driver, hence the orange tabard, ditching his passenger out of the side, taken with the D1 in poring rain at Cadwell Park at a 'Historic Racing' meeting.  Probably a contender for best least sharp image!  I have the full sequence of the passenger not getting run over! All the other drivers managed to avoid him which was something of a miracle given the awful conditions.

This is what I believe is the prototype, almost tube  for tube identical, but with some design faults which were rectified on the actual championship winning car. Once my boys had got themselves in it there was no getting them out!!!  As you can see from their huge grins...

Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 10:06:35 »
Wow they must love that one ;)
Erik Lund

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Erik Lund

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 11:09:11 »
I hat to resort to promises of ice cream and chocolates to get them out of the trike!  ;D

Thanks for that link, I hadn't seen those photographs before.

Here is another link which even has a short video of the car trike in action.

http://www.mosquito-triad.com/The_origin.html  The trike we are restoring is featured lower down the page.  You will recognise the battered red bodywork.  He is saying it's a later copy but my belief is it's a prototype.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK