Author Topic: [Theme] Your DIY projects  (Read 8632 times)

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: [Theme] Your DIY projects
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2019, 23:58:39 »
Thank you guys for kind words for my humble work and thanks all for sharing your incredible projects. I am so happy I found this gold mine :) The below was just a very simple project from today :)

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Member
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 05:57:52 »
I forgot to mention Zangs project: pyrography it’s very nice, unice  and related to guitar as I see
I know Kay from a very old spring reverb unit I sow once, rare, the guitar is very old but still in a very playable condition
Thank you for your kind words :)

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2019, 06:21:25 »
I forgot to mention Zangs project: pyrography it’s very nice, unice  and related to guitar as I see
I know Kay from a very old spring reverb unit I sow once, rare, the guitar is very old but still in a very playable condition
Thank you for your kind words :)

Thanks Nasos! Mine was quite simple. The hardest part was to sand the original finishing off :D

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 04:27:22 »
My latest Arduino project, an electronic version of the Magic 8 Ball. Ask a yes/no question, press the button and one of the original 8 ball answers will pop up on the display in random order. There are 20 answers, 10 are positive, 5 negative and 5 ambiguous. I may take it from the breadboard to a finished project and make a few as gifts if I can get my motivation level up a bit. It’s the end of the year, I worked hard this year and I’m not feeling too ambitious at present. Next year I may not have to work as hard, the 8 ball tells me I’m going to win the lotto.

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2019, 17:49:18 »
Cool project Arthur!

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2021, 19:19:00 »
It's been almost three years since my first negative copier  ::)

This is my latest one made last week.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2021, 04:36:43 »
With your setup, you have a ring light pointing away from the camera, but the white reflector sends light back to the slide/negative thereby illuminating it.  If I am correct so far, how uniform is the illumination when it reaches the slide/negative?

One advantage of your setup is that it is more operator friendly than having the light pointing at the camera with attendant light spill into the photographers face & eyes.
Hugh Gunn

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2021, 06:47:30 »
With your setup, you have a ring light pointing away from the camera, but the white reflector sends light back to the slide/negative thereby illuminating it.  If I am correct so far, how uniform is the illumination when it reaches the slide/negative?

One advantage of your setup is that it is more operator friendly than having the light pointing at the camera with attendant light spill into the photographers face & eyes.

Hi Hugh,

The main purpose of the setup is to get decently even lighting. I tested many setups and only this one gives me near perfect even lighting for relatively cheap.

Thanks,
Zang

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2021, 06:49:00 »
Another wood burning project.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2022, 18:00:54 »
I was listening to Bartok’s piano concertos while wiring this DIY loop switcher.  Then I noticed that tha cables had been shaped like Fibonacci series spirals!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2022, 18:33:12 »
I was listening to Bartok’s piano concertos while wiring this DIY loop switcher.  Then I noticed that tha cables had been shaped like Fibonacci series spirals!

That must have been a harmonious piece from BB ;)!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2022, 23:18:38 »
That must have been a harmonious piece from BB ;)!

Very much so.  Bela helped me to do the finishing touch!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2022, 09:19:58 »
Another recent project.  This is a specialized LED array to investigate the internal bracing of acoustic guitars.  The original array consisted of three pairs of white LEDs driven by a single 9V box-type alkaline battery.

Now I decided to power it up and added two more pairs.  In order to provide the necessary current for the total of five pairs of LED array, I employed a DC-DC boot-up converter available cheaply on Amazon and two AA NiMH batteries.

The conversion was successful.  The last image shows how this tool is used: the bracing of this replica of a Rene Lacôte guitar from 19c appears as two dark lines oblique to each other on both sides of the bridge.