The NikonGear Office > Site Issues

How do you find browsing the site on a tablet?

(1/6) > >>

ColinM:
This probably isn't a new thing but lately I've found that it's really easy to miss the wrong control when browsing the site on my iPad 2.

So on a popular thread, I often want to go straight to the last page, which involves touching a tiny digit (as opposed to the title of the thread, which is generally ok).

Then, around 5 time out of 10, I find I've clicked the poster's name, or sometimes even the thread underneath. Obviously this isn't an issue with a computer because of the greater control offered by the mouse plus high res screen. I rarely use a phone, but when I do it's obviously worse.

So I wanted to know

* Has anyone else also found this?
* Are there any options available?
(The previous NG site offered a mobile interface???)

Akira:
I use iPad Air 2 along with my usual desktop PC.  Whenever I realize the digit is too tiny, I will pinch out the display to enlarge, which solves the problem.

Personally I don't like the mobile neterface which is too limited and crumsy to use.

Seapy:
I wouldn't normally even try with my iPhone but I have with the iPad, I almost always access websites from 'Latest Unread Posts' and on this forum the 'button' is well separated from the rest of the active items so my thick fingers manage OK.

Have you tried a stylus?  They are cheap enough, I use one on the iPad and iPhone if I have any intensive stuff to do, much better selection then a finger.

In line with simplicity I doubt we will see a mobile version of NikonGear any time soon, KISS rules!

Tristin:
On my Galaxy phone, I have no real problems.  Quite used to it.

Bjørn Rørslett:
About 8% of the traffic to the NG site is via smartphones or tablets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version