Author Topic: HOW/WHERE DO WE SUBSCRIBE  (Read 8291 times)

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
Re: HOW/WHERE DO WE SUBSCRIBE
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 16:37:27 »
Is there a bankaccount for a simple bank to bank transfer for i have no creditcard!
Paypal can be linked t a bank account. This is how I get money out of it.

cheers
afx

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 19:45:23 »
In fact, you *should* link your Paypal account to a credit card as the main card. Then you have a double fail-safe fallback if something goes wrong or you are royally screwed by a vendor.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 22:07:25 »
Is there a bankaccount for a simple bank to bank transfer for i have no creditcard!
Fons, you don't need a creditcard to be able to use PayPal, just link PayPal to your bankaccount and transfer the subscription fees to our PayPal account by following the instructions mentioned here: http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=264.0
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 22:24:37 »
thanks i will check it out

Lance B

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 02:53:04 »
Happily to paid the subscription fee. Quite reasonable.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2015, 10:55:32 »
So far no good, bankaccount connected to a paypal account, but while proceeding for payment, it stills asks for a cc.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2015, 11:11:18 »
Paypal can use either credit or debit cards. I have both kinds attached to my Paypal account.

If you are using Paypal as a repository for online purchases, a credit card adds extra security if the sale fails.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 01:07:21 »
So far no good, bankaccount connected to a paypal account, but while proceeding for payment, it stills asks for a cc.
It takes a while for PayPal to be fully synced with a bank account, first a small amount and codes have to be exchanged to establish a trusted relationship. Maybe PayPal asked for a cc because the setup hasn't fully established yet, anyhow there's no rush as you have a couple of weeks to sort it out before we start restricting the beta users :)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 14:14:00 »
Subscribed. I hope you get rich ;D

Will the forum only be available to subscribers going forward or how will it be configured?

Added: I just noticed that the payment is setup as a recurring payment which I have no problems with, but you might want to put that info on the subscription page.
Jørgen Ramskov

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 18:29:53 »
Added: I just noticed that the payment is setup as a recurring payment which I have no problems with, but you might want to put that info on the subscription page.

It should be clear from the text here:

http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=264.0

How to subscribe:
- Go to your Profile
- Hover over "Actions" and click on "Paid Subscriptions"
- Click on the Order button
- Either leave the "Make this a recurring option" checked or change it (you will get a reminder 30 days in advance when the subscription ends)
- Click on the "Order with PayPal" button, login and proceed with the payments procedures
- Once you have paid your member group will change to NG Supporter

I somehow ended up managing the subscriptions so please don't hesitate to pop me (Jan Ann) a question if things aren't clear.

Also Bjørn has made our intentions visible here:
http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=126.0
Thanks for joining!
Erik Lund

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 13:03:52 »
I was thinking of the actual page where you subscribe: http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=18

Will the site only be available to subscribers in the future?
Jørgen Ramskov

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 13:26:11 »
Depends on how you see it.

Anonymous guest visitors will NOT see images or any other kind of attachments. They are free to peruse the text of any posts, but the site is read-only so they cannot post anything. This policy is implemented already.

If you wish to have full access to NikonGear, you can register as a Free Trial User, the account of which expires in 30 days (currently, this is the group denoted 'Beta tester', but as of now the expiration period is not set). Alternatively, you can sign up as a Subscriber (directly, or from your Free Trial Account). A subscriber is moved into the privileged NG Supporter group and can post and upload attachments.

Subscription runs for 12 month and currently is 20 Euro. You will receive notification 30 days before subscription elapses.

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 13:30:37 »
Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds good to me.
Jørgen Ramskov

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 15:37:04 »
Thanks Jørgen!  ;)
Erik Lund

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 23:01:40 »
It takes a while for PayPal to be fully synced with a bank account, first a small amount and codes have to be exchanged to establish a trusted relationship. Maybe PayPal asked for a cc because the setup hasn't fully established yet, anyhow there's no rush as you have a couple of weeks to sort it out before we start restricting the beta users :)

It may take up to week before the transfer is successful, but the order has been done.