Author Topic: forbidden  (Read 1183 times)

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
forbidden
« on: January 24, 2016, 19:22:29 »
A guard came to gave me a hard time for shooting the bright yellow wall

Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: forbidden
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 19:33:07 »
Do you have any idea why?

Nice light pattern with subtle hints of...leaves?

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 19:52:02 »
One might wonder what secrets were inside the wall ... Nice example of perspective of a vanishing point by the way.

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:09:26 »
One might wonder what secrets were inside the wall ... Nice example of perspective of a vanishing point by the way.

+ 1.

Where were you Armando ?? Last time this happen to Mongo he was in Tunisia. They were forcibly polite about Mongo not shooting any more images but then again, they had real bullets to shoot in their submachine guns.... :o

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 19:07:43 »
This was taken in my home town , from the sidewalk of a 4 lane avenue that  gets closed to traffic on Sundays when it used to ride bicycles , run , skate, take photos,  or whatever you like, except motorized vehicles.

As the guy was asking me to leave I kept shooting , apologized, and wished him good luck, the place seems to be a real state agency , I can not imagine what illegal or improper uses someone may run into by using an image of a yellow unidentifiable wall.
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:56 »
This was taken in my home town , from the sidewalk of a 4 lane avenue that  gets closed to traffic on Sundays when it used to ride bicycles , run , skate, take photos,  or whatever you like, except motorized vehicles.

As the guy was asking me to leave I kept shooting , apologized, and wished him good luck, the place seems to be a real state agency , I can not imagine what illegal or improper uses someone may run into by using an image of a yellow unidentifiable wall.

Mongo is a little more that surprised by your answer Armandao. He was expecting some of the more usual places around the world where this sort of thing goes on. In considering this a little more, Mongo thinks we should draw a distinction between governments that are suspicious and secretive about everything and those that exercise precautions in relation to select sensetive/secret sites. Still, as with you, Mongo would be a little shocked to have it happen in his home town.

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 07:49:29 »
... I can not imagine what illegal or improper uses someone may run into by using an image of a yellow unidentifiable wall.
Sounds very similar to what I go through everyday.  :D
Here also often people ask too many questions and tell you not to take pictures.  Even passer-by who has no business, will stop and ask questions.

Very nice minimalist photo. I like how 3D looks 2D from certain perspective.
Anirban Halder