Author Topic: Downtown Detail  (Read 921 times)

Longhiker

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Downtown Detail
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:11:10 »
A truly dismal day with a hard drizzle. That's just a little less than a driving rain. As such, there were almost no people in this very busy part of town. Once an industrial area that became a decaying part of town, it is slowly being rebuilt into condos, new small shops, and a new city park. The horse statue is outside the carousel building in the park. The loading dock for the grain store is one of the few remaining traces of the old businesses.

Fujifilm X-E1 and 18-55mm lens.
Bob Fanshier

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
Re: Downtown Detail
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 17:48:30 »
Nice images. How do you find the CCD sensor compare to a CMOS sensor.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 19:10:04 »
Great how the old industrial things are becoming fashionable. I like the mood it creates.
nice horse
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Longhiker

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:48:11 »
Thanks. It was definitely interesting standing in pouring rain. Gary, I'm not so sure about the question. I've had good results with both, but I think the last CCD sensor I had was the Nikon D200. That was a long time ago. I'm not really the best one to be able to describe the differences, unless I had the two types side by side and maybe not even then. I believe CMOS has better low light performance. I've forgotten the other differences.
Bob Fanshier