Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

In the Strath of Kildonan.

(1/6) > >>

David Paterson:
Reviewing some b/w work shot on film about 15 years ago - trying to decide if I should spend time and energy scanning some of it - I came across this and scanned it because I remembered being quite excited when shooting it.

Mongo:
Mongo really likes this image. It has real mood and character. The light is doing all the right things to give it a sparkle of extra life and depth. Great shooting.

Bjørn Rørslett:
The mood is endearing and the curious sheep in front makes the overall composition complete. Perhaps snipping off a little of the "empty" foreground will heighten the impact ever so slightly?

Frank Fremerey:
Wonderful.
Backlit sheep with trees!

David Paterson:
Many thanks, Mongo, Bjørn and Frank.

I really wasn't sure how others might respond to this image - I have a big emotional connection with that region, its history and the book project I was working on (The Highland Clearances). Sometimes those feelings can give you a false idea of how good an image is.

The project, a b/w book on the Clearances, became a colour project and was later published as "The Glens of Silence". The b/w work has lain in its folders ever since, completely untouched and unseen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version