Author Topic: Nikongear Scotland Meetup - May 2016 *** PAYMENT DETAILS NOW AVAILABLE ***  (Read 20267 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
[/i]Ha-ha!!!You say that knowing full well my lamebutt American bank will spend at least an hour and have to call the head office 3 times to figure out how to do this.  ;D ;D ;D

Yes, payment exchange with the US is Paypal. The banks do not understand it and sometimes charge up to 60 US$ for a transfer.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Re: Scotland event - May 2016 PAYMENT DETAILS NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 18:39:29 »
How are we going to keep track of who paid?
I did! :)

As Andrea has suggested, if everyone checks in on this thread when they make payment, we will have a record of all the payments.

I will extract the information and keep a separate list, offline, of who has paid, when, and how. This is simply because the office at Highland Lodges is not particularly efficient and if I can easily refer to a complete, up-to-date list this will help to avoid problems.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
I'm in. Sent money and e-mail as per instruction. Bank transfer.

By the way, even in the US they can do bank transfers if forced to do so. My American corporate clients pay this way since they usually won't use Paypal and I flatly refuse accepting cheques. Smaller US companies might prefer Paypal as I understand bank transfer carries a veil of dark, sinister mystery to them.

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
The big banks here have absolutely no problem with wire transfers.

It is the small branch banks which never see it much.

And most people in the US would never want to give you their bank account number for fear of being hacked or scammed. [And please no one explain to me why this is obtuse because I get it.]

David Paterson

• NG Member
As of 9pm tonight (6 Jan), 4 members have already paid by direct transfer ( you know who you are!). Tomorrow I will contact Highland Lodges and make doubly sure that the money is reaching their account as expected.

9.20pm - make that 5 who have paid. So 25% of our number have paid on the first day; I call that outstanding.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
Make that 5.

My bank also needed a location, just in case somebody has no clue where we are going I've added Killin to the payment credentials  ;D
Cheers,
Jan Anne

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
Make that 5.

My bank also needed a location, just in case somebody has no clue where we are going I've added Killin to the payment credentials  ;D

Same with me (same bank  :)).
I don't see my name on the first page?
Chris Dees

Anthony

• NG Supporter
My payment has been sent by bank transfer, cc to Dave Paterson.
Anthony Macaulay

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Poor Dave has a hard time keeping up with the changes :D

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
I've added Chris and Anthony.

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Payment made.
Mike Selby - Sydney

David Paterson

• NG Member
Poor Dave has a hard time keeping up with the changes :D

Yes, there has been quite a blizzard of emails in the past 18 hours but I'm very happy to do it.

9.50am, 7th Jan - seven people have already paid and all lists, in this thread and my offline list, are fully up-to-date.

Danulon

• NG Supporter
Sorry for my late reply. Somehow missed this thread.  ;) Will do the money transfer tomorrow.

Yes, payment exchange with the US is Paypal. The banks do not understand it and sometimes charge up to 60 US$ for a transfer.

Frank, please keep your comments to photography. I work in a bank and wouldn't know where to start with a real response to that comment!  ;)
Guenther Something

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Frank, please keep your comments to photography. I work in a bank and wouldn't know where to start with a real response to that comment!  ;)

Dear Günther, I had to deal with several US-Banks buying and selling equipment to/from the US. It is better to deal with paypal. Much better, faster, cheaper. I did not comment on the bank you work at. OK?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Danulon

• NG Supporter
Dear Günther, I had to deal with several US-Banks buying and selling equipment to/from the US. It is better to deal with paypal. Much better, faster, cheaper. I did not comment on the bank you work at. OK?

Then you are probably aware that your experiences with U.S. banks don't necessarily translate well for the majority of participants here in Europe?
That paypal and banks are like apples and oranges, even though they offer similar services?
That there aren't only costs, but also risks to transactions?
No, I will not continue this discussion.  :-X

I prefer looking forward to the meet up!  :)
Guenther Something