a fun thing to do  but certainly beyond what I would consider a normal edit
SOOC on the left, Edited on the right

liquify to change the face profile , narrow the nose, lower the eyebrows
clone the eyebrows to make them look thicker, remove the bra thing
dodge and burn forehead, bridge of the nose, chin
heal a number of blemishes on the skin
played with levels to change the skin tone
blur the background
something wrong happened on the blouse ... but I did not save the PS file , seems like blurr and something else

tommiejeep:
Armando, that PP is beyond my pay grade  ;) .  I like the blurred BG and overall I prefer the second but not being there I really have no idea about the skin tone.   These are a bit small to find all of the blemishes that you corrected/ air brushed  ;) .  When I shoot my wife and her friends I turn the images over to her for final PP !

I tried something similar some days back when a female Cabinet Minister inaugurated a new business venture.    My wife and I covered the event but I just used a selective Glamour Glow and soft focus .  Took some year off  :) .  I'm not sure she liked it, no direct feedback, but it did appear in a couple of other places .
Cheers,
Tom

elsa hoffmann:
I am no stranger to PS  and have absolutely no problem using it to its full extend - so my comment is not criticism - its a question.

what is your thought process when you do edits like this - when do you decide to go further than editing and do manipulation (liquify etc)
I find I am more conservative when I work for a client - but when shooting for myself - I go crazy sometimes.

Its like Tommie says - sometimes you don't get direct feedback (often actually) and that would actually be very useful.

I also would have liked to see the image bigger.

Frank Fremerey:
I feel this is a paint job more than a photo. I see that all the time in advertisement. I do not like it.

I feel I am a photographer not a graphics person. So my ideal is to solve a given task photographically.

Light can make a dramatic chance on the appearence of skin and -- hey -- people look the way they look don't they?

If you take people, liquify them and feed them into other people this is called the "MATRIX Machine" world, isn't it?

Mike G:
Sorry Armando I'm with Elsa(hello again Elsa) and Frank on this one in that the second image is not reality!

Depends of course what the purpose of the photo is commercial or personal!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version