Author Topic: to sleep, perchance to dream  (Read 1036 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
to sleep, perchance to dream
« on: December 19, 2015, 21:55:15 »
Taken last winter in the Chinatown district here in downtown Toronto.
This is a homeless man I see on the street summer and winter, often sitting in doorways busily writing in a notebook or on empty paper coffee cups.
On this particular day he was asleep, leaning against a bank deposit machine so not to get wet on the slush covered sidewalk.
Converted to black and white in Photoshop
motorized Nikon F2AS
Tamron SP 35~105 2.8 AIS manual focus
Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
5.6 @ 1/125th
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: to sleep, perchace to dream
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 22:20:37 »
you might not like it. But I like it. Why does this guy sleep standing up? Does he fear to freeze and die?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 22:35:24 »
Robert, is this the image version you wish to post or is there another?

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 23:34:51 »
This is the image I want to keep. I managed to fix the problem by changing the name on the hosting site.
Thanks,
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 17:12:38 »
you might not like it. But I like it. Why does this guy sleep standing up? Does he fear to freeze and die?
I've seen and photographed this man a number of times in all seasons. In winter, he'll often sleep on the floor in the vestibules of banks, or in sheltered doorways.
Anywhere to keep from lying in the snow. On this occasion I assume he had no other choice but to sleep standing up, which meant that at least he was dry.