Author Topic: Two from South Carolina  (Read 1509 times)

RobOK

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My gallery
Two from South Carolina
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:09:46 »
Relatively flat light, but trying to make something happen.... the weather is changing temperature from 30's (F) to high 70's almost within 24 hours... amazing!

Cheers,
Rob.

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
Re: Two from South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 18:27:34 »
First image is a cool composition with the animals, I wish it had more dof.  The LoCA/oof on the bird makes it more an eyesore than the point of interest in the composition it should be. 

I'd be out for gator shots commonly if I lived there, big reptile lover!
-Tristin

RobOK

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 19:54:37 »
First image is a cool composition with the animals, I wish it had more dof.  The LoCA/oof on the bird makes it more an eyesore than the point of interest in the composition it should be. 

I'd be out for gator shots commonly if I lived there, big reptile lover!

Thanks for the comment, i agree. It was a good idea but not well executed (on the bird).  Now if someone would loan me their 200-500 (or more), I'd get right up in those gators' faces!!

Here are two more, one a tight crop on the original, and the second a less severe crop that i took landscape with a different post process, both without the bird.

Thanks,
Rob.

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 20:16:27 »
I love the colors. I am torn on the Egret ... It adds and takes away ... 
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 21:36:16 »
Like the first one. Looks like Magnolia (but maybe not?). I was out yesterday and counted 15 alligators at the "boat tour" site and also a bald eagle, but missed out on a Northern Harrier I had seen last time as I took my brother from the west coast who is an ardent birder and hasn't ticked that one off yet. Then I went to the swamp - on one of the alligator "boards" there were three turtles and one young alligator resting his head on one of the turtles - funny.