Author Topic: One Question  (Read 10080 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: One Question
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 03:28:43 »
Thanks, Andrea!

Still one problem.  When I choose either "Curve" or "Core", the "NikonGear" logo on the top left corner is collapsed...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 03:33:45 »
The Nikongear logo is yellow & black. So it would clash with the blue background of the Curve Theme and has not been added to that Theme. Maybe the Team would not mind a blue & black version of the logo? If they OK that, then I will add it to Curve.

The Core Theme is unsupported. But I cannot figure out how to prevent it from being listed as a choice! Eventually perhaps I'll get that sorted.  :D

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 03:52:00 »
Andrea, thanks!

Apparently Core and Curve aren't that different, so there would be no problem if Core is not supported.

Could you try to add the B&W version of the logo to Curve?

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 11:25:54 »
The Core theme should now not be eligible for selection.

The Curve theme apparently no longer uses a logo so the masthead looks clean. Select this theme if you want blue hues for the site.

Andrea is taking a break from theme massage due to eyesight issues (not caused by the themes themselves I might add!!).

We'll let the options stand as they are at present. No final decision as to the default site theme has been taken. The Revival theme might well be iterated a few more times before the Team is satisfied with it.

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 11:30:15 »
I am happy with the blue theme, so I hope it remains available. I would soften the yellow theme, as pointed out, and I suggested how to do that, but if you folks like it, that's cool. I have done color work for so many years that I instinctively react to what I consider the harshness of the yellow, but as they say: different strokes for different folks.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 11:31:29 »
The Curve ('blue') theme will not be removed. If you like it, do use it.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 11:41:39 »
The Curve theme apparently no longer uses a logo so the masthead looks clean. Select this theme if you want blue hues for the site.

Andrea is taking a break from theme massage due to eyesight issues (not caused by the themes themselves I might add!!).

We'll let the options stand as they are at present. No final decision as to the default site theme has been taken. The Revival theme might well be iterated a few more times before the Team is satisfied with it.

Take you time Andrea and Bjørn!  We are not in a hurry.

Unfortunately the masthead of "Curve" is not clean.  There remains a link to the top page with the small "NikonGear" fonts and a sign (looking like "no entry" traffic sign) indicating a collapsed logo.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 12:07:23 »
If you are on Internet Explorer, there are lots of quirks that requires improvement. Unfortunately but true. Cross-browser compatibility is still not here.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2015, 03:27:33 »
If you are on Internet Explorer, there are lots of quirks that requires improvement. Unfortunately but true. Cross-browser compatibility is still not here.

Yes, I'm still on IE11.  No browser is perfect, and, for my overall usage, IE is the best compromise.  :(

By the way, is the yellow desaturated?  The "Board Default" looks more pleasing now, and I switched to it.

Anyway, administrators, appreciate your immediate support!

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 18:08:46 »
No change was made to the colour #fee100. So I am not sure what you are seeing that is different?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 19:47:17 »
Hmm...maybe my eyes have got accustomed to the color...

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 22:24:34 »
Well, we now have the kind & gentle Revival Light Theme if anyone wishes to skip Nikon Yellow.

I may work on a black theme next. Those are very tricky to set up.

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2016, 21:15:42 »
I find the default theme's orange on gray bar very difficult to read on a desktop and quite impossible to read on a 720P Android phone. I'm not much concerned with the colors of the forum but the orange recedes into the gray and the gray gets lighter left to right. I didn't see an option for this specifically so I changed to the Simple Machines theme. I wonder if there is a possibility of changing the text in that one bar to black so it is clearly readable.

Thank you for considering this,

Dave Hartman
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2016, 21:25:58 »
I lost vital links on the home page so I'm back to the Forum or Board Default with the orange on gray bar. That bar is the only problem I have with the Board Default.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2016, 20:16:06 »
Hi Dave -

I will put this on the list to look at later.

I'm not sure if black or white would work better than orange?

Andrea B.