Author Topic: Seeking advice: Nikon 60mm micro 2.8G vs D  (Read 23002 times)

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Re: Seeking advice: Nikon 60mm micro 2.8G vs D
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2016, 06:49:05 »
i would probably choose the D. it has an aperture ring which you will find useful when you use it with bellows  :o :o :o
the D version also is fully mechanical apart from the D chip so servicing one yourself is possible with risking any damage to the electronics that need calibration from the factory.
the one thing I hated with my D was it just loves to attract dirt as there are several places where it can get into the objective.
i hated the 60mm for shooting bugs for the fact that getting too close would scare them, however the perspective does look lovely because the 105 has a tendency to make things look flat.

as for the G. tested it a lot throughout the years but just cannot justify buying one. i do not like the exposed front element as it might get tree sap when i shoot in the jungle. it does feel sharper but i really cannot tell both the D and F apart at macro distances.

the AF-D is also really noisy!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2016, 10:19:37 »
Picked this up for $30....no AF (glued-locked)  but MF works great....also has an odd ring I think for attaching a ring light or something like that.....

Congratulations!

30 US$ is very cheap for a working 60D Micro with clean glass. I the macro domain I use MF most of the time. I got mine for 205 € new and sold it for 275 € a few years later after ~100.000 clicks...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Kitanikkor

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2016, 01:17:20 »
FF: Macro IS mostly slow going anyway...for me at least....so the MF-only limitation works just fine for me.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2016, 01:34:12 »
i have seen that ring before, just not sure where  :o :o :o