Author Topic: Staging a concert in a supermarket - Rubber Soul Collection  (Read 1572 times)

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
Staging a concert in a supermarket - Rubber Soul Collection
« on: November 22, 2015, 21:26:13 »
One would not think of a supermarket as concert venue.
But the REWE in Grafing not only has wine tastings and cooking classes, but also concerts.

Two weeks ago the Rubber Soul Collection, a band that plays their own style of cover variations was on stage there.

Keyboards (in front of the restaurant kitchen):

The excellent percussionist:

Exit:

A well lit background ;-)

The whole gallery: http://images.afximages.com/Concerts/Rubber-Soul-Connection-REWE/

cheers
afx

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Re: Staging a concert in a supermarket - Rubber Soul Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:48:50 »
Andreas, wow , what a fine collection of high iso, various FLs, speeds and f-stops... cool.  You and the D750 did a great job.  Trying to work out the lenses used???  I did not find anything faster than f2.8.  Was this a rehearsal ... no crowd??
Thanks for posting, I'll be a bit more adventurous with the D750 next time I shoot an indoor event.

Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
Re: Staging a concert in a supermarket - Rubber Soul Collection
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 09:44:30 »
Thanks Tom,

I actually used the 24-120/4 quite a bit (in addition to the 85/1.8, 50/1.8 and a Sigma 24/1.8). They had an ugly magenta light, but enough of it.
Getting the face of the bald guy sharp was an exercise in frustration in that light and worked only by appropriate adjustments in post (my second event processed with Capture One).

The D750 is definitely a significant step better than the D700, and for really badly lit venues (see the Martin Barre shots in another thread) I don't hesitate to use ISO 12K, but need to make sure that everything interesting stays reasonably well lit.

Not a rehearsal, here is a shot from behind the "crowd":

Attendance was so-so, the concert was for free so the supermarket needs to get the costs covered by food&drinks sold.

I am curious to see how the attendance will be next Sunday when a guitar duo is playing.

cheers
afx