Author Topic: Hello from Stockholm  (Read 3538 times)

Tord55

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Tords
Re: Hello from Stockholm
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 14:26:00 »
Like Johnny I live in Sweden, but in Gothenburg, the home of everything Volvo (at one time all the Volvo HQs were in town, but now there are just a few left).

Like Johnny I am an amateur, although I got some formal photographer training in the early 1990's, and even worked as a teacher of photography once upon a time. Got allergic to the development fluids, and didn't return to photography in earnest till I met my wife, some 15 years ago.

I primarily shoot birds, street photography, and at work, with various equipment, including Nikon 1 cameras, and do a little studio stuff at home with my FX camera. Own a few DX cameras, but don't use them.

I was deep into Pentax for quite a few years, but the K-01, costing millions to develop, and Pentax's disregard of their customers ("Oh, everyone knows that that was a bad design, don't we?!", the head said, and still the customers have to pay for the replacement of the lenses' faulty focusing motors), killed my interest in anything Pentax.

Being fairly old (part-retired), I nowadays prefer light gear, so I leave the heavy stuff at home, and mostly use Nikon 1 stuff in the field, light permitting. Two Nikon1 cameras is my usual set-up, plus a Ricoh GR. One camera with a wide, or ultra-wide, one with a telephoto zoom, that the normal set-up, sometimes one of them is replaced by a macro.

My profession is bus driver, but I've been fire fighter, editor-in-chief, illustrator, journalist, and Volvo employee!

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 14:38:40 »
Welcome to our world :D Being a former bus driver could come in handy on a future NG gathering .....

Meanwhile, do contribute photos and comments as you please.

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 21:55:29 »
Welcome to the forum Johnny.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 10:00:06 »
Welcome to NikonGear again ;) !
Erik Lund