Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon D750 - accidental change of image format/quality

(1/3) > >>

Jørgen Ramskov:
I had an "accident" earlier today. During some shooting, I quickly wanted to change the ISO so I pressed what I thought was the ISO button on the camera and turned the wheel. At first nothing happened, so I pressed again and then I got what I wanted. Only later did i notice that what I had pressed first was the Quality button which meant I had switched from shooting RAW to shooting JPG. Those two buttons are right above each other.
It is of course something I will be quite aware of from now on, but I wonder whether there is a way to avoid it from happening again, is there a different and just as easy way to change ISO?

afx:
My D750 uses the video button for ISO change.

cheers
afx

Jørgen Ramskov:
Of course, thanks!

Danulon:

--- Quote from: afx on November 01, 2015, 21:38:19 ---My D750 uses the video button for ISO change.

cheers
afx

--- End quote ---

Mine, too.

Reconfiguring the red button means:
red button + front wheel = ISO auto on/ off.
red button + back wheel = ISO change resp. base ISO set up for ISO auto.

Cheers,
Günther

Akira:
I've had the same problem with my D7000.  My current Olympus E-M5 mkII doesn't offer any dedicated button to select the image quality which enable the sloppy user to avoid the inadvertent operation.

I wonder any pros or enthusiasts like most of NG members would ever need to change the image quality often enough to need a dedicated button that can be accidentally operated so easily?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version