Author Topic: Playing with the 28mm f/2.8 AIs  (Read 9418 times)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
Re: Playing with the 28mm f/2.8 AIs
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 00:55:37 »
Thanks to all for your kind comments... :-)
Fons, it's a way to introduce myself on this site, there will be more pictures in time, with new or older lenses :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

pat mezzulo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:14 »
Jacques, thank you for posting this series. I called my wife over to look at your pictures. We visited the museum in 1990! We walked from Cathedral Notre Dame to the museum on a hot, humid day in August...... As I am a geologist, I just had to see the collection.

Patrick Mezzulo

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 05:07:21 »
Thanks for showing that great room to me via your well-done black and white shots.

Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 05:15:18 »
Jacques, these are very good and I really am impressed with the B&W conversions.   Just yesterday I was thinking I should give my strange silver 28 f2 Ais a real go.  I also have been using the 105's and 135's more often.   

Many thanks for posting.   I am sort of in the doldrums photography-wise and just the breeze I needed  :)
Cheers,
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 19:41:17 »

Le Glyptodon sous verre... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and Df

Of course those familiar with the Ice Age movies would recognize the Glyptodon family... :-)

But after all those bones, getting outdoor to further test that little lens was necessary...

Cache-cache... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and DF

Of course getting out the building and back into the small streets of Paris could seem just as easy as this couple act... :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 19:45:40 »

Dans l'axe... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and Df

As Pat said, Notre Dame isn't so far from the Museum, but his one is an "inside" shot, not really following the Seine river...

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 19:48:37 »

Nuageux... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and DF

And back to home base, the usual café I dwell in mostly... :-)

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 21:23:11 »
Fantastic series, both the museum and the walk on the street !
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 21:44:19 »
Thanks a lot... :-) And thanks to Tom, Pat and Pluton ! I'm happy if these series helped a bit Tom's mood, as we all go through period of indecisions in our photography, sort of boredom, but often corrected with a new lens, another attitude to our surroundings  or more simply shifting from color to B&W (or vice versa) :-)

I think this introducing series has given me an idea, sort of "hommage" to Bjørn and to thank him for this revival, instead of titling recent work, I'd like to "fiddle" with lenses (MF ones) and with each, try to say a photographic voyage in space and time ?
Maybe I'll discover that whatever the focal length, most of my pictures will have the same scale of perception or that they convey the same meaning or feeling ? Who knows? I've never done that before, It can be interesting (at least for me) that instead of living with a Df, It could be with a given MF lens ?

Let's first complete the 28mm "game"... :-)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 21:54:30 »

Recyclage... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and Df.

Of course the "authentic" car speeding in Paris would be the old 2CV Citroën, now converted as a touristic mean of transportation ! Who said Manual focusing was slow ?

C'est l'heure... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 Ais and Df.

Now I know why the 2CV was in a hurry, it's getting late at the clock at the street's corner ! Brick social housing and the public clock so that the worker wouldn't be late to work... :-)

Lance B

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:00 »
Excellent work! Love the B&W treatment.

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 15:35:57 »
Interesting compositions with Stunning sharpness.
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 09:20:26 »
Thank you for your kind comments... :-) Working all day in a big city like Paris, I have to find motives to take pictures of very mundane everyday scenes that happen to be on my path while walking from A to B. It's also another way to "see" the city I live in !

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 11:26:05 »

Les champs de Raspail... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and Df.

Since a new scheme from the City Hall in suppressing weedkillers in cleaning water, natures comes back in force everywhere some earth is still visible. It makes some interesting textures in spring and summer... :-)

Jardin en bacs... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and DF.

But when the smaller streets are fully paved, the neighbors unite for some transportable gardens... :-)

La photo partagée... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 Ais and Df.

All these scenes, events, pictures, make for some good talk with friends at the nearby café's terrace, where each boasts about his "best" pictures or the size of his camera... :-)

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2015, 12:51:48 »
You have some very nice, crisp black and white conversions.
I have enjoyed watching them all, both the series in the museum and the street shots.
Among the second kind the last posted stands out, but I also like the portrait street shot with the clouds.
As for the dinosaurs, they are all great and best shown in B&W as you did.
Simone Tomasi