Author Topic: Portraits from here to elsewhere...  (Read 25457 times)

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
Re: Portraits from here to elsewhere...
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2015, 15:35:18 »
really, the last one?
That would be a pity...
Thank you for the portrait gallery, it was very enjoyable

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2015, 16:04:44 »
Thank you for sharing. Inspiring work ... your presentations has made me want to go out and shoot.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2015, 16:19:44 »
Jacques, it has been a great series of your friends, acquaintances and others you've come in contact with. Sorry to see it end.  May be start shooting for a new one  ;) .  There was another JAK, famous Cartoonist in London.  He drank in the Queen's Elm, just up the road from the Chelsea Arts Club.

He used to pay for his tipples by giving Sean Tracy (the Publican ) caricatures of the regulars (many of whom were very well known writers, artists, actors).  When Sean died his daughter gave one of a large group drinking at the Bar, to Tessa, the lady that owned "The Little House Club" in Shepherds Market.  She put it up for Auction, for Aids , at the annual May Fair.  I stopped bidding at 3,000 pounds .  Sir Clive Sinclair eventually won at 25,000 (and he was in the drawing  :)... so , maybe.....

All the best,
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2015, 16:27:20 »
really, the last one?
That would be a pity...
Thank you for the portrait gallery, it was very enjoyable

The last in this gallery post... :-) I must stop before it gets boring...!!!
I'll have other posts in time... :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2015, 16:30:11 »
Thank you for sharing. Inspiring work ... your presentations has made me want to go out and shoot.

Now that's a great result ! I'm very happy if I've motivated you to move a bit... With a camera :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2015, 16:33:00 »
Jacques, it has been a great series of your friends, acquaintances and others you've come in contact with. Sorry to see it end.  May be start shooting for a new one  ;) .  There was another JAK, famous Cartoonist in London.  He drank in the Queen's Elm, just up the road from the Chelsea Arts Club.

He used to pay for his tipples by giving Sean Tracy (the Publican ) caricatures of the regulars (many of whom were very well known writers, artists, actors).  When Sean died his daughter gave one of a large group drinking at the Bar, to Tessa, the lady that owned "The Little House Club" in Shepherds Market.  She put it up for Auction, for Aids , at the annual May Fair.  I stopped bidding at 3,000 pounds .  Sir Clive Sinclair eventually won at 25,000 (and he was in the drawing  :)... so , maybe.....

All the best,
Tom

Ah, ah... Nice story :-) I'll try to find the pub next time I go to London ! Also my pictures are nowhere as valuable as hand drawn cartoons ! :-(

The_Traveler

• NG Member
  • Good to be here at the NikonGear
    • lewlortonphoto.com
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2015, 15:15:53 »
very lovely crisp images.
(the haloing on Peter Cook is a bit offputting.)
Lew Lorton
The_Traveler
a non-technical shooter

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2015, 15:40:35 »
very lovely crisp images.
(the haloing on Peter Cook is a bit offputting.)

Thank you... :-)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2015, 00:15:51 »
Great portatis.  Too many of them to respond individually. Love to meet you. Soon. With Gary and/or my/your/his Kids. Whatever. Bring Airy too.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2015, 00:30:44 »
Great portatis.  Too many of them to respond individually. Love to meet you. Soon. With Gary and/or my/your/his Kids. Whatever. Bring Airy too.

Getting Gary out of his beloved California (and his wine) will be a hard task... I must wait a bit till my head gets mended up, and Airy seems busy with "divine light" falling over Lille (not to speak of the wonderful fair (braderie) they just had with tons of mussels and french fries ! :-) I guess we'll move "Am Rhein" when ice will melt, around spring somehow... :-)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2015, 00:53:19 »
OK. I will not move. Just making this place more sustainable (see blog) as I go.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/