Gear Talk > Other

Camera and lens calibration

<< < (2/4) > >>

bobfriedman:
focal is a tethered system and can automatically adjust the AF.  Unfortunately, this works for Canon only as Nikon hasn't released the SDK to incorporate into the focal software. So it would be manual.

In that case might as well use lensalign pro. In either case you need to take enough measurements at each microfine adjustment to eliminate noise. I routine shoot 4-5 shots at each increment. Hardly statistically significant but allows the lensalign software to find minimum mean square error.

Along with distance (hard to find a room that is 100ft for big glass) it is a time consuming process. It takes me 4-5 hours for combinations cam body/lens/teleconverter.

elsa hoffmann:
Thanks Bob!

afx:

--- Quote from: elsa hoffmann on September 16, 2015, 07:56:54 ---Afx - which version do you use?
Standard, Plus or Pro?
--- End quote ---
Sorry, forgot to check before I left, on the road right now.

--- Quote from: bobfriedman on September 28, 2015, 16:48:20 ---focal is a tethered system and can automatically adjust the AF.  Unfortunately, this works for Canon only as Nikon hasn't released the SDK to incorporate into the focal software. So it would be manual.

In that case might as well use lensalign pro
--- End quote ---
Focal is still faster than a purely manual approach in my eyes.

cheers
afx

bobfriedman:
my understanding was FOCAL does not have a tethered automated mode for Nikon equipment

afx:

--- Quote from: bobfriedman on October 02, 2015, 23:52:56 ---my understanding was FOCAL does not have a tethered automated mode for Nikon equipment

--- End quote ---
It can not set the adjustment value of the camera. But it can trigger AF and measure and then will tell you what to set.
So it is slower than fully automatic, but faster than full manual.

cheers
afx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version