Author Topic: Curiosity + young minds  (Read 3560 times)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
Re: Curiosity + young minds
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 18:57:57 »
Very nice one with the young lady on lighted background :-)  50 years ago they were more Radjgullabs and less electricity for the fridge in the streets !!! :-) But that was a nice shot, though it might have been in winter ?
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 19:13:26 »
Thank you Jacques! :) You are right. I was shot during winter. Many of these guys use unauthorized electricity by directly putting a hook on the overhead electricity line.  ;) Someday I've to take a pic of one of those.
Anirban Halder

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 20:24:53 »
Yes, the "shadow theater" by the see makes a wondeful little story.
I am still debating with myself whether a tiny bit less of the dark area on the right side would improve the image...

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 20:30:43 »
Yes, the "shadow theater" by the see makes a wondeful little story. I am still debating with myself whether a tiny bit less of the dark area on the right side would improve the image..

Or a bit more black on the other side to balance. Yet, these kind of unusual compositions are very difficult to judge because we do not really have a lot of experience neither in seeing them not in taking or editing them
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 04:56:23 »
Thanks Olivier, Frank. I too thought about cropping at first to balance the black parts, but then I liked the original as-is too.
Anirban Halder