Author Topic: Incredible Deals On Old Nikkor Lenses!  (Read 1546 times)

Dogman

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Incredible Deals On Old Nikkor Lenses!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2024, 17:22:37 »
Yes, it's the one that takes 72mm filters.  Very nice lens.  Haven't noticed too much flair but I don't shoot a lot into bright lights.
"If it's more than a hundred feet from the car, it's not photogenic."--Edward Weston

My Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/197057338@N03/

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2024, 15:47:01 »
Just got a 50mm f/2 NIKKOR-H Auto 1:2, Ai modified, and a 135mm NIKKOR-Q Auto 1:2.8 unmodified, both almost like new, for 25 EURO each. It is amazing how smoothly these 50 years old lenses still operate.
Bruno Schröder

kasperbergholt

• NG Member
    • Photography, Tubes & Art Projects ~ Kasper Bergholt
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2024, 19:09:59 »
The Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 AIS (recommended to me in this forum a while back) is extreme value for money, I think.
-- Kasper Bergholt

bressong

• NG Member
  • a nikon user
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2024, 07:13:24 »
Just got a 50mm f/2 NIKKOR-H Auto 1:2, Ai modified, and a 135mm NIKKOR-Q Auto 1:2.8 unmodified, both almost like new, for 25 EURO each. It is amazing how smoothly these 50 years old lenses still operate.
where you got such good deal price? :D

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2024, 08:49:35 »
where you got such good deal price? :D
On a local second hand web site. The seller was moving into a new house and thought he had too many lenses already.
https://www.2dehands.be/v/audio-tv-en-foto/foto-lenzen-en-objectieven/m2103129782-lenzen-en-andere-voor-25-per-stuk
Bruno Schröder

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2024, 23:07:38 »
Looking at all these incredible deals I have for some years wanted a HN-4 lens hood for my almost mint looking GN-Nikkor 45/2.8.
It seems people selling these hoods think they are made of gold. My GN lens is an older one with 9 aperture blades so the lens hood needed for this should be the Niikkor branded with the F-logo and not just a Nikon branded without the F-logo. I ended up with a getting a boxed GN-Nikkor with everything included as the hood as "stand-alone" has a really high price-tag.

If someone finds a F-logo branded HN-4 I am interested as I still need one the my "stand-alone" GN-Nikkor :-)

Do you ever use your GN-Nikkor (original (non-P version)) on your camera?

Since the hood seems a bit hard to get I assume the lens was sold both with and without the hood?

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2024, 23:41:18 »
My copy is CPU-enabled and the aperture is decoupled from the focusing ring. It's a nice lens for IR but otherwise I don't use it much.

The hood got lost many years ago and I never bothered getting a replacement.

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2024, 00:04:05 »
OK!
I wanted the hood just to have it as a complete set (collectible purpose).
I found out the one I have was an older one with 9-blade aperture and I really like the F-logo they engraved in older hoods / filters.

The newer AIS version (45/2.8P) seems to be a bit more expensive and it is probably sharper wide open but I have also heard that it is not as well built as the original GN.
Stopped down a bit the image quality looks good. The focus is quite special (goes the "wrong way" and is a cam rather than helicoids). I understand that it is necessary so lens works as intended with GN dialed in.
One of the more special Nikkors. I wonder if the lens was targeted amateurs rather than professionals?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2024, 01:02:08 »
The hood got lost many years ago and I never bothered getting a replacement.

Kenko makes a 52-37mm step-down ring.  This and a 37mm filter with its glass removed should do the job.  Or, Canon ES-52 originally dedicated to its EF 40mm/f2.8 pancake lens should come handy.

Food for thoughts.   :)
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2024, 01:38:51 »
Since test images are shot with Z7 it must have been a relative new addition to "1001"?

https://imaging.nikon.com/imaging/information/story/0081/

He dared to take all images at f/2.8 ?

Roland Vink

• NG Supporter
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2024, 03:04:37 »
My GN lens is an older one with 9 aperture blades so the lens hood needed for this should be the Nikkor branded with the F-logo and not just a Nikon branded without the F-logo. I ended up with a getting a boxed GN-Nikkor with everything included as the hood as "stand-alone" has a really high price-tag.
Can you confirm your lens has 9 aperture blades? If so, yours has the highest serial number I have seen, even higher than some early samples with 7 blades. Given the relatively late serial number, the hood might actually correct for this lens. You have a complete set with box, insert, instructions, bubble case, and hood, so I suspect the hood is original with the lens when it was new. What is the date on the instruction book? There is usually a date indication on the back page, lower right. Thanks.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2024, 08:48:22 »
My sample is s.n. 729075 and has 7 blades. However, the iris is wonderfully [semi-]circular at all aperture settings apart from f=4, where the blade edges are more obvious.

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2024, 10:18:10 »
Can you confirm your lens has 9 aperture blades? If so, yours has the highest serial number I have seen, even higher than some early samples with 7 blades. Given the relatively late serial number, the hood might actually correct for this lens. You have a complete set with box, insert, instructions, bubble case, and hood, so I suspect the hood is original with the lens when it was new. What is the date on the instruction book? There is usually a date indication on the back page, lower right. Thanks.

The boxed GN-Nikkor is from the ebay images. It is just purchased so on the way to me ($219 +  shipping).
This lens has probably only 7 blades. A couple more ebay images attached which should confirm it is only 7 blades?
I was looking a hood for my own GN-Nikkor but ended up getting a whole lens incl. the hood (with the F-logo). So I am still looking for an additional hood so I have for both lenses.
My own GN-Nikkor has 9-blades and has no. 716656. So a little older than the one just purchased. The white writings at the front (Nippon Kogaku etc...) seems the same.
There are several versions for a collector it seems. Old type Kogaku (9 / 7 blades). Nikon branded instead of Kogaku. The multicoated C-version. Ai-version etc.......not easy to be a collector. It is good I am just a little bit of a collector so I don't need them all :-)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2024, 10:21:43 »
The seller wrote that the lens looks mint but with some dirt at the rear which images shows. He also wrote he is not a photographer or expert so he would not try to remove the dirt which is a good thing......I think.
I will do this very gently.

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2024, 10:45:56 »
What is interesting to read in the "1001" is that two of the lens elements are La (Lanthanum).
Maybe it is well known but I did not know they used it for such a relative cheap lens. It seems to control CA well.

Here I can read La-glass was from 1953 (I downloaded the pdf to have some more old Nikkor stuff to look at):
https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/00765/00765.pdf