Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Wedding photography NEF or JPEG etc.?

(1/10) > >>

MEPER:
I have been asked to take some images at a wedding.
Primary before going to the church. The plan is some outside images of the wedding pair.
Normally I shot NEF but I wonder if JPEG (Fine) is the way to go as for the whole wedding the number of images can be many and then easier to just give away a stick with all images insted of all the work required to convert NEF to JPG.
Camera is Z50. Lenses are Z16-50, Z50-250, Z50/1.8. I have a Z24-70/4 coming soon. Then I have some AFS lenses etc. I have an AFS 70-200/2.8 VR.
They know I am not a pro and many others will probably takes pictures so the pre-church outdoor images are the most important. Plan is also to bring the D5200 just for backup purpose (hopefully it will not be used).
Should I stay at NEF for those fewer outdoor images and then maybe change to JPEG for the rest?
I think Z50/1.8 could be nice to try for some good background blur. The Z50-250 is surprisingly sharp and 70-200/2.8 VR (1. gen) is very good also for DX and is sharp at 2.8.
I had a thought to upgrade to a Z5 but I would rather like to wait for the next gen Z DX camera as I am quite happy with the Z50. Also the Z50/1.8 is better on DX for portraits.
I will bring my flash also for the outdoor images (SB-400 with diffuser). 

Birna Rørslett:
Shoot NEF + jpg(fine). Then use jpgs for the client unless you need to process extra.

MEPER:
Sounds like a good idea with NEF+JPG.
I have never used JPG from camera but it is rumored that they are ok.
Picture control it set to auto and "everything" at zero.

MEPER:
Wonder if it would be a good idea to put on polarizer for the outdoor shots.
I the film-days I nearly always used polarizer for nature / outdoor.
On digital I have almost forgot I have those filters in various sizes.

Birna Rørslett:
Some times old habits can safely be forgotten.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version