Gear Talk > Other

Memory Card Capacity

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darkslide:
Hello and thanks for your input.

It would seem perfectly reasonable to get more files on your Z6 given that the sensor is smaller...(less dense)

This is certainly indicating that we're all going in the right direction in terms of capacity.  I'm reassured as I new usually take huge amounts of personal stuff - concerts etc. are a different matter and I can come home after an evening with a thousand images on a card without a problem !

Thanks again.

Ian Watson:
Welcome to NikonGear!

Your maths looks fine. Have fun in Scotland and do share some of your photographs.

Darkslide:

--- Quote from: Ian Watson on March 21, 2024, 21:00:54 ---Your maths looks fine.
--- End quote ---

Really? Blimey - I'm shocked!!

I have to admit whilst not one for shooting in long salvos, I do anticipate making a few images - it's not every day I get to visit the Highlands, after all.

Is the 'Gallery' part of this forum the place to show off, sorry, post ones 'work'? And if so, how d'ya get a photo in it?

Many thanks

Ian

Birna Rørslett:
You have to be an NG supporter to use the Gallery option.

However, I personlly find the better approach is to consider what one posts quite carefully. Just 'dumping' everything to any web site is bad practice and not the way to evolve as a better photographer. Be selective, not for us, but for yourself.

I use 32GB and the occasional 64GB card and put one in each camera before starting a trip. Never filled these cards to capacity even on a two or three weeks journey. Our shooting habits vary.

Darkslide:
Hello

Yes, I couldn't agree more - which is why I have a web site and use FLICKR

I'm not about to inundate the forum with my images (promise) but I will upload an image or two for discussion in the appropriate place.

Despite my card capacity questions, I'm not a fan of large cards as I consider the risks of loosing the whole lot with a simple camera or handling error - however the thought of being able to have a comparatively large collection 'in camera' appeals for the short period of a holiday.

Thank you for your input.

Ian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version