Author Topic: It's not a Nikkor  (Read 2529 times)

bressong

• NG Member
  • a nikon user
Re: It's not a Nikkor
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2024, 08:40:15 »
it looks liket the nikkor K outlooking when I see the rubber ring grid , personally I like the AI and AI-S grid looking

Gerhard2006

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2024, 06:51:33 »
The optical design resembles that of Leica Summilux 35/1.4 for the M-mount, and the bokeh rendition also suggests its vintage design.  Interesting.
When I looked at the optical schematic on their website I thought that looked like the 1.4 35 Summilux which was a lens I always wanted to own. But recently I saw a comparison of that lens with the 35 1.4 Ais Nikkor and was happy to see that the Nikkor was sharper than the Summilx which was nice to hear because I own the Nikkor and it’s one of my favourites. It has helped me to overcome my Leica GAS which I have had since my youth but I went the Nikon route which now that I’ve gone mirrorless has proved to be a good decision after all. I still miss my 50 1.5 Summarit and one day I may pull the trigger and buy one. But not the Leica.:)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2024, 18:04:13 »
When I looked at the optical schematic on their website I thought that looked like the 1.4 35 Summilux which was a lens I always wanted to own. But recently I saw a comparison of that lens with the 35 1.4 Ais Nikkor and was happy to see that the Nikkor was sharper than the Summilx which was nice to hear because I own the Nikkor and it’s one of my favourites. It has helped me to overcome my Leica GAS which I have had since my youth but I went the Nikon route which now that I’ve gone mirrorless has proved to be a good decision after all. I still miss my 50 1.5 Summarit and one day I may pull the trigger and buy one. But not the Leica.:)

Another lens with the optical design similar to the first version of Summilux 35/1.4 is Cosina/Voigtländer Nokton Classic 40/1,4.  On the other hand, the optical design of Cosina/Voigtländer Nokton Classic 35/1.4 is rather similar to the first version of Summicron-M 35/2.0 (so-called 8-element Summicron).
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Gerhard2006

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2024, 19:12:50 »
Another lens with the optical design similar to the first version of Summilux 35/1.4 is Cosina/Voigtländer Nokton Classic 40/1,4.  On the other hand, the optical design of Cosina/Voigtländer Nokton Classic 35/1.4 is rather similar to the first version of Summicron-M 35/2.0 (so-called 8-element Summicron).

Gerhard2006

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2024, 19:35:01 »
Sorry, hit post before I started typing.
That 40 1.4 Voightlander lens was the lens I was really interested in. Especially because of the size and focal length being between 35 and 50, a kind of sweet spot. But now I own the 40 mm F2 Z lens and love that lens because of its focal length and its rendering. I use it on my Zfc as a long normal and enjoy it there too. Although using it on my Z5 with its original intention. I’m glad Nikon finally opted to use that focal length and from what I can see. It’s been a pretty popular lens .

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2024, 00:28:34 »
Sorry, hit post before I started typing.
That 40 1.4 Voightlander lens was the lens I was really interested in. Especially because of the size and focal length being between 35 and 50, a kind of sweet spot. But now I own the 40 mm F2 Z lens and love that lens because of its focal length and its rendering. I use it on my Zfc as a long normal and enjoy it there too. Although using it on my Z5 with its original intention. I’m glad Nikon finally opted to use that focal length and from what I can see. It’s been a pretty popular lens .

Good for you to find a favorite lens anyway.

By the way, you can edit and correct the message you have posted anytime by clicking "Modify" appearing at the top-right corner of your own posts along with "Quote".
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira