Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Lichen focus-stacked

(1/3) > >>

Kim Pilegaard:
Two pictures of the lichen Xanthoria parietina at 3.4x enlargement. The pictures are stacked from 91 images resp. 135 images. Images made with a Z7 II, a 85mm f/1.8 S, a Nikon PB-4 bellows, the Novoflex retro adapter (to transfer lens information etc.), and the relatively new Castel-M focusing rail w/ Focus wheel and indexing steps (see the setup in the 3rd picture).

Birna Rørslett:
Whilst your efforts are applauded, I personally would have used a different lens. The 85/1.8 Z doesn't like extension too much.

Kim Pilegaard:

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on October 19, 2023, 19:44:27 ---Whilst your efforts are applauded, I personally would have used a different lens. The 85/1.8 Z doesn't like extension too much.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Birna. Yes, I remember you said that about the 85/1.8 Z before - however, I wanted to try it out. But which Z lenses are better with extension?

Geert:
Hello Kim,

I suggest you bring up the subject with Allan Walls. See https://www.allanwallsphotography.com/
He also has a live talk on youtube twice a week where you are free to ask questions and do suggestions. Just enter his name in the search box of youtube and you'll find his channel instantly.
He's a very friendly, humble and knowledgeable guy when it comes to macro and bellows photography.

kind regards
Geert

Birna Rørslett:
If magnifications in the 2.5-5X range are desired, the Laowa 25mm f/2.8 is an excellent choice. The lens is quite small and neat  and can be had in native Z-mount. It is not expensive either.

Most Z lenses do not like added extension, not even the 105 MC. The Voigtländer 65mm f/2 APO can tolerate extension but only up to 1:1 life-size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version