Gear Talk > Camera Talk

So, the ZF ...

<< < (72/72)

Airy:

--- Quote from: Frank Fremerey on April 18, 2024, 15:05:56 ---
I was lucky to find a 1.0/50 Voigt and got it immediately, because the 1.2/40 was a wait for 6 months

--- End quote ---
Same here: I headed for PCH in Brussels with the 40/1.2 in mind, but opted for the available 50/1.0 instead after 1/2h testing and seeing that it was way better than what some reviewers suggested. Of course I bought the sample that I tested (the one on the shelf), rather than another boxed one. One never knows... even if Voigtländer QC standards seem comparatively high.

JJChan:

--- Quote from: Snoogly on April 16, 2024, 09:30:22 ---Is anyone else using the ttartisan 6-bit M mount to a Nikon Z adapter? Potentially it’s a great way to use M mount lenses on a ZF, and get the joys of focus confirmation and focus point centric IBIS.

--- End quote ---

Richard
Works well on Zf but needs firmware update.
Much more tolerant than the 6-bit reader on M240/M10 - lenses that need a lot of wiggling on those cameras register straight away. Would be nice to have Summilux 28mm f1.4 recognised, but works well for all others.

I had a friend 3d print this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3728955 and just used a sharpie to colour in blacks only. Even roughly coloured works.

Face recognition works well, I then magnify 100% (have set front Fn button on Zf for zoom) and fine focus. Very fast. Havent tried trap focus yet.

If you have any Leica or ZM lenses, it is great for the focus assist. I wish we had these for native Nikon F-mount lenses.

Snoogly:

--- Quote from: JJChan on April 21, 2024, 10:52:16 ---Richard
Works well on Zf but needs firmware update.
Much more tolerant than the 6-bit reader on M240/M10 - lenses that need a lot of wiggling on those cameras register straight away. Would be nice to have Summilux 28mm f1.4 recognised, but works well for all others.

I had a friend 3d print this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3728955 and just used a sharpie to colour in blacks only. Even roughly coloured works.

Face recognition works well, I then magnify 100% (have set front Fn button on Zf for zoom) and fine focus. Very fast. Havent tried trap focus yet.

If you have any Leica or ZM lenses, it is great for the focus assist. I wish we had these for native Nikon F-mount lenses.

--- End quote ---

I bought a similar gizmo for coding which is made of cardboard - but it is rugged enough to do the job.

Handily a simple M39 to M mount adapter ring can also be coded, so now my old 39mm Nikon rangefinder lenses can achieve focus confirmation :)

Snoogly:
Just a heads-up that the Neewer Sony E to Nikon z adapter, in conjunction with an E to F adapter, enables the focus confirmation square with unchipped manual lenses. It’s crazy, but it works … I know because I bought one.

However, … The camera cannot ‘see’ beyond the Neewer adapter, which always reports itself as being a 50mm lens. Also, IBIS is disabled.

The result is focus confirmation with any manual lens, at the expense of no IBIS and wrong exif information.

I contacted Newer support, and got a rather unclear response… When connected to a computer with the provided USB cable a text file can be found, which contains the reference to 50mm. They mentioned this file, but did not explain if it can be self-changed, or how to do it. Even if possible, it would mean connecting the adapater to a computer every time you use a different focal length manual lens.

A couple of other people on forums and YouTube comments are also in contact with Neewer, trying to figure out if the issues can be resolved.

It really does give focus confirmation, however unlikely it sounds, but I cannot live with the caveats, and don’t want to fart around trying to fix it - so I will be sending it back today.

Hugh_3170:
Love it - but I don't know what Giorgetto Giugiaro would say about this improvement.  ;D

--- Quote from: Snoogly on November 05, 2023, 20:29:52 ---For your entertainment!

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m22940526121?utm_medium=share&utm_source=ios&source_location=share

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version