Author Topic: Third-party lenses for Nikon Z (or similar) cameras  (Read 3043 times)

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Third-party lenses for Nikon Z (or similar) cameras
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2024, 22:47:48 »
More...The lens is currently focused at infinity.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2024, 22:49:05 »
more...
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2024, 07:34:57 »
Apparently, a good full-frame alternative to the vintage Fisheye-Nikkors.

alberte

• NG Member
  • Photograph everything that moves ...
    • Albert Esschendal Photography
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2024, 17:57:17 »
Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton Z ASPM example photograph (more photographs on my website https://albert-esschendal.photoshelter.com/index/C0000LXb2.TEdxdc/G0000qs9L3zv7mYA/I0000KKhnDT2GZLw ):

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2024, 07:49:18 »
Once in a while, wide-angle lenses are useful. The Viltrox 16mm f/1.8 is one of those items that can make a difference.

paul hofseth

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2024, 10:57:51 »
I found the Z to be a perfect camera for my library of ancient lenses (bought when some Leitz , Zeiss and DDR creations were deeply unfashionable,  also, some AIs varietys were once cheap. And before people started using lenses for amatateur movies no one had heard of Angenieux and Kinoptic. Altogether a wide selection of useful glass that could be focussed precisely by he Z (if the focus point had stayed in place and the buttonry not moved settings in the wrong way.

My intrinsic neoluddism led me to seek other alternatives. mainly something lighter and less bulky. At the moment I have settled on carrying a much smaller variety of viewfinder mirrorless (avoiding useless screens), the cheap Leitz version. My old M lenses can easily fit in pockets while the bulky 11-23 zoom gives reasonably sharp snaps but is blighted with the inevitable faults of autofosussing and like close twigs better than the real subject especially when the forcus point has moved . For now the Z rests waiting for occasions where longer focal lengthts and critical focussing is called for (when in my garden another badger or colourful birds need distance to be kept )

p.