Gear Talk > Other

Micro Nikkor AF 55mm f/2.8 lens on Nikon ES-2 accessory

(1/2) > >>

olivierssd:
Good morning,

I can no longer get my Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED slide scanner to work properly on my Windows 10 computer, due to a lack of adequate software. I tried Vuescan x64 but the results are not up to what I got on Windows Vista with the Nikon software.

I saw that there was an ES-2 accessory for scanning slides using the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens attached to the D850.
I have a D850 and a Micro Nikkor AF 55mm f/2.8.

My question is: can I use the Micro Nikkor AF 55mm f/2.8 lens instead of the Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens. Has anyone tried this configuration and with what result?
The 2 lenses have the same filter mounting diameter : 62mm, so I will be able to mount the ES-2 accessory on the 55mm. But the 60mm is internally focused and the 55mm is not: does this difference have an impact on the use or the result?

Thank you in advance for your comments and responses.
(Excuse me for my broken English)

jborg:
I also am interested, having a D850 and a 55mm f/2.8, to know if ES-2 works "out of spec", and apparently it works according to this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-LVV1MDbk&t=1s

pluton:
I can confirm the the ES-2 works well with the Micro 55/2.8 AiS lens + PK-13 extension tube (or equivalent extension tube) PLUS a 52mm to 62mm step up ring.  I don't have a 55/2.8 micro AF, so no knowledge about that one and the ES-2.

Erik Lund:
Software for Coolscan:

Nikon LS 5000ED / Super Coolscan 5000 ED – SilverFast

olivierssd:
Hello JBorg,

Many thanks for the video link. It is very interesting because it demonstrates that the ES-2 works with lenses that do not have internal focusing.
And since the AF 55mm 2.8 goes up to the 1/1 ratio, I won't need a PK-13 ring.

Thank you again, I will buy an ES-2 without fear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version