Author Topic: THE BEST FULLFRAME LENSES FROM CHINA  (Read 3341 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: THE BEST FULLFRAME LENSES FROM CHINA
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2023, 08:04:19 »
Lots of Artisans, less of mm. Sorry for the unintended mix-up :)

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
  • I'm here to learn from the best
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2023, 05:42:27 »
Does anyone have any experience with the Irix 150mm Macro?  It comes in Nikon F mount I believe.

A friend has one and highly recommends it.  Here's a link to a gallery of photos taken with it.   https://www.flickr.com/photos/164760735@N05/albums/72157669434594928/page1

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2023, 08:20:52 »
I would like to know if there is a non-Nikon lens where there are no Nikon alternative (where Nikon lens does not exist or is technical outperformed).
I don't care much where lens is manufactured. Many Nikon lenses are also from China or Thailand (e.g. the new 180-600 zoom is made in China....and this is a full frame lens :-) ).

Why care if the lens if from China or another country?

Personally I have a Nikon body to be able to use Nikon-glass as I find Nikon glass in most cases are superior to other brands at a price level you can live with (not very cheap but not impossible to get either).
Of course the large teles are at a price level that I can't justify to get and the reason I got the 180-600. Also a lens like the 50/0.95 is out of by budget as it would find very limited use if I had it.

A reason for a China brand lens could be that it is a lot cheaper compared to a similar Nikon lens and that the China band lens does ok (but probably not better than a similar Nikon)?
I know that there are a few examples among the Cosina/Voigtländers where Nikon were outperformed (at similar or lower price) but those are from Japan.
Then I know that there exist some very fast and quite cheap non-Nikon lenses where wide open performance is ok but not at "Nikon-level".

Then we have Zeiss-glass but not from China and not cheap.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2023, 20:21:01 »
one of the big manufacturer from china approached me to be their ambassador. i saw them at CP+ and how rude they were to their Japanese staff, so i must decline :o :o :o

Eta76

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My YouPic page
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2024, 19:20:08 »
I assume you mean 16mm f2.8 Fisheye-Nikkor. I have the AIS version and agree, the images are rather blurred in the corners even when stopped well down, and the distortion profile is not very pleasing. The only 15mm fisheye-Nikkor is the 8-15mm zoom, which I am sure is much sharper than the old AIS prime.

Which Samyang do you have? I have been wondering if the Samyang 12mm fisheye for Nikon F would be an improvement over my 16mm fisheye.
I have the Samyang 12mm 2.8 and I was always quite happy with it. I really like the projection of this fisheye lens.
At the moment i am wondering if I can use an adapter to use in on a Z lens.