Author Topic: Connection Time Out issues  (Read 5974 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Connection Time Out issues
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2023, 16:55:06 »
It's a rule of thumb that DNS servers world wide will provide the new, updated IP address within approx. 24hours. Sometimes the update happens much faster. Thus, my home provider showed the new address within 30(!) minutes. I was on the road through commitments in Oslo today and used several wi-fi networks today, all of which had the new IP.

Do not neglect the problem potentially caused by local caching. That is why I recommend using the command ipconfig /flushdns (Windows) or equivalent to ensure the new address is searched for. If the caching is on your tablet and there is no command line facility, time will help as DNS caches don't live untouched forever.... Same applies to intermediate caching servers along the supply chain.

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2023, 20:35:39 »
It's a rule of thumb that DNS servers world wide will provide the new, updated IP address within approx. 24hours. Sometimes the update happens much faster. Thus, my home provider showed the new address within 30(!) minutes. I was on the road through commitments in Oslo today and used several wi-fi networks today, all of which had the new IP.

Do not neglect the problem potentially caused by local caching. That is why I recommend using the command ipconfig /flushdns (Windows) or equivalent to ensure the new address is searched for. If the caching is on your tablet and there is no command line facility, time will help as DNS caches don't live untouched forever.... Same applies to intermediate caching servers along the supply chain.
This is written on my phone, so it works now

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2023, 23:39:50 »
Everything fine for me too. Well done!!
Bruno Schröder

Ian Watson

• NG Supporter
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2023, 01:41:51 »
Thank you very much for the hard work and successful transition!

Dogman

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2023, 14:21:22 »
Just tried logging in this AM and all is going great.  I hesitated to try before because I have a "black thumb" when it comes to tech matters and I didn't want to put bad ju-ju on the project.  Glad to see things are running smoothly today and I'm very glad the site is back.
"If it's more than a hundred feet from the car, it's not photogenic."--Edward Weston

My Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/197057338@N03/